1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    20 Nov '18 15:35
    Now that the "First Princess" has been caught using her private email address to discuss government business on many occasions, what will The Donald and the GOP do? Will we be hearing "lock her up!!" from the Trump fateful? Will she be dragged before a Congressional committee for 10+ hours and grilled about this? Will there be any accountability on this at all?

Pigs might fly, but I doubt it!

During his presidential campaign in 2016, Donald Trump said that Mrs Clinton's use of a private server to send official emails while in her post as secretary of state in 2009 was a scandal "bigger than Watergate". Not so, when the "First Princess" is guilty of it!

I wonder if the voters will remember this in 2020?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/ivanka-trump-reportedly-used-private-account-send-hundreds-emails-n938241

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46271021

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/19/ivanka-trump-used-a-private-email-to-discuss-government-business.html
  2. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Nov '18 16:281 edit
    Hannity will have to find 10 minutes of filler for his hourly time slot on FOX Propaganda.

Can't talk about Hilary any more.
    Poor guy !! 😛
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    20 Nov '18 17:49

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    20 Nov '18 19:20
    @mchill said
    Now that the "First Princess" has been caught using her private email address to discuss government business on many occasions, what will The Donald and the GOP do? Will we be hearing "lock her up!!" from the Trump fateful? Will she be dragged before a Congressional committee for 10+ hours and grilled about this? Will there be any accountability on this at all?

Pigs might ...[text shortened]... ttps://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/19/ivanka-trump-used-a-private-email-to-discuss-government-business.html
    I haven't looked at the links in your OP, but would make the observation that the complaint about HR Clinton's use of the server was that some of the documents were classified. If there are no security issues or there has been no general instruction not to use private servers for any government business then I don't think this stories much of a runner.

If there hasn't been such an instruction there ought to be as there are quality assurance issues with non-government anti-cyber-attack systems.

Note that by security issues I mean state security (including low level stuff like social security numbers and so on) not how secure the actual server is.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Nov '18 23:32
    @mchill said

Pigs might ...[text shortened]... ttps://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/19/ivanka-trump-used-a-private-email-to-discuss-government-business.html
    It's even worse than that. It turns out SIX members of the WH including Bannon but three now in place there are STILL running government business on their private accounts. If it was 'only' Ivanka, that would be one thing but a HALF DOZEN?
    When do we get to use the word hypocrisy?
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 00:01
    @sonhouse

It really is disgusting how Left wingers cling to such a corrupt politician.

The sooner you learn to own the fact that Hillary and her e-mail scandal is what lost the election and not Putin the sooner you can learn to throw her under the bus like the GOP threw "W" and Jeb under the bus and be much better off.

But I digress.
  7. Standard memberXYYZ
    The 'Fett'
    Phx
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 05:11
    @deepthought said
    I haven't looked at the links in your OP, but would make the observation that the complaint about HR Clinton's use of the server was that some of the documents were classified. If there are no security issues or there has been no general instruction not to use private servers for any government business then I don't think this stories much of a runner.

If there hasn't ...[text shortened]... cluding low level stuff like social security numbers and so on) not how secure the actual server is.
    It is against government policy to use a private E-mail account for ANY subject, classified or not. Should we not hold all government officials accountable? Have it investigated, and if no further action is required, then make Ivanka read the entire draft of the duties, responsibilities and security protocols that her position requires.
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 05:15
    @xyyz said
    , then make Ivanka read the entire draft of the duties, responsibilities and security protocols that her position requires.
    Agreed.
    Except she should not have any duties, responsibilities or security protocols.
  9. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 05:191 edit
    @mchill said

If you were ever into Asimov's Foundation trilogy, then with Trump I think we have the Mule. Whatever applied before or will reapply after him will approach normal behavior.

The challenge to Americans will be whether they return to acceptable standards of public office performance, once the Trump Juggernaut has run its course. Given the push back by the courts in recent events to block Trump's lack of understanding of the reach of his office, it appears reasonable to suggest that the American system is fairly robust and will survive his excesses relatively unscathed.
  10. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 05:33
    @whodey said
    @sonhouse

It really is disgusting how Left wingers cling to such a corrupt politician.

The sooner you learn to own the fact that Hillary and her e-mail scandal is what lost the election and not Putin the sooner you can learn to throw her under the bus like the GOP threw "W" and Jeb under the bus and be much better off.

But I digress.
    Yeah! trump is sooooooo much better.
  11. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 05:44
    @wolfgang59 said
    Agreed.
    Except she should not have any duties, responsibilities or security protocols.
    Why not? In the US system I think the President can pick staff members pretty much as he pleases. Besides, her main job seems to be to stop her Dad doing anything completely bonkers, so it's probably as well she's in the White House.
  12. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 05:45
    @kmax87 said
    If you were ever into Asimov's Foundation trilogy, then with Trump I think we have the Mule. Whatever applied before or will reapply after him will approach normal behavior.

The challenge to Americans will be whether they return to acceptable standards of public office performance, once the Trump Juggernaut has run its course. Given the push back by the courts in recent eve ...[text shortened]... uggest that the American system is fairly robust and will survive his excesses relatively unscathed.
    The Mule was a sharp operator with a logical plan. I'm not seeing the comparison.
  13. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 05:50
    @xyyz said
    It is against government policy to use a private E-mail account for ANY subject, classified or not. Should we not hold all government officials accountable? Have it investigated, and if no further action is required, then make Ivanka read the entire draft of the duties, responsibilities and security protocols that her position requires.
    Since government policy seems to be made up on the fly and then posted on Twitter I'm not sure that argument holds much weight. Are there any actual regulations, like Acts of Congress or Presidential Decrees, that mandate this?
  14. Standard memberXYYZ
    The 'Fett'
    Phx
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 06:122 edits
    @deepthought said
    Since government policy seems to be made up on the fly and then posted on Twitter I'm not sure that argument holds much weight. Are there any actual regulations, like Acts of Congress or Presidential Decrees, that mandate this?
    Good question.
    https://www.doi.gov/ethics/use-of-government-property
    2 things stand out-
    1)The employee does not represent himself or herself as acting in an official capacity
    2)Messages do not contain partisan political messages
    Also, under the heading: 'Government Time' when you scroll down the page
  15. S. Korea
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 08:06
    @mchill said

We have Ivanka Trump using her personal account to send emails that are of interest to foreign agents in the sense that they might reveal schedule details of the US President, correct?

Sec. of State Clinton's emails were allegeldy directly relevant to intelligence issues and the likes, if I remember correctly.

Neither of these are good, but they are also harmful in different ways and have far different scopes of interest.

... Yet, the point stands: Ivanka did make an error.

But IDK how this is a winning issue for the left or the right.

It just means that both sides actually have done a bad job ringing the alarm bell unless you are specifically here to say punish them both or don't punish either and stop making a mountain out of a molehill.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree