1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 11:314 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    Of course, more than likely your candidate did.

Since I have no candidate, I think I would say it is a toss up.

Trump did a good job pointing out Hillary has been in a position of power and has done virtually nothing to solve all the problems she talks about solving. He also correctly said that she supported NAFTA as she did her best to wiggle out of t ...[text shortened]... y mind, I think Hillary won round #1. I can't believe I just wasted 90 minutes of my life. :'(
    What you saw Whodey was a well prepared Hillary Clinton with a better grasp of the issues, and superior debating skills, against an unprepared Donald Trump who simply ran out of gas in the last 30 min. of the debate. All he could do was interrupt, and stammer his little sound bites. I'm afraid this is one situation where Trump won't be able to bluster and bully his way to victory, he'll have to demonstrate a better knowledge of foreign policy, what lies hidden in his tax returns, and make a better case that America's economy is as horrible as he claims it is. What stood out to me is when he said he was rooting for the housing crisis because "that's business" (or something like that) This underscores Trump's core values: "I'm Here To Get Mine and F__K Everyone Else!" This is not who I want running our country.

You think you wasted 90 min. Whodey because you didn't get the result you wanted.
  2. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 12:21
    Hillary won in a rout.

But that's not the issue. The issue is that Trump proved he's even incapable of playacting. He loses his temper at the drop of a hat. He can't resist any level of trolling and his talk in general is on the intellectual level of a middle schooler.

I'm not surprised by any of this, but I'm still disappointed that he can't even pretend.
  3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 12:26
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I disagree. He didn't actually say that, and it was clear that he didn't think that. It was clear that that was his excuse. He also said his lawyers don't want him releasing them, but didn't explain why that would be. It was also clear when Hillary suggested he doesn't pay tax that he did not deny that.
    Agreed. The thing he was most truthful on was the tax returns issue. Though the moderator and Hillary kept saying an audit didn't prevent his releasing the returns, Trump never said it did. He said his lawyers don't want him releasing the returns during an audit, which is probably true. Plus, he didn't deny anything. He told plenty of whoppers last night, but none of them involved his tax returns.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 12:55
    Originally posted by mchill
    What you saw Whodey was a well prepared Hillary Clinton with a better grasp of the issues, and superior debating skills, against an unprepared Donald Trump who simply ran out of gas in the last 30 min. of the debate. All he could do was interrupt, and stammer his little sound bites. I'm afraid this is one situation where Trump won't be able to bluster and bul ...[text shortened]... ur country.

You think you wasted 90 min. Whodey because you didn't get the result you wanted.
    Well that's just it, no matter how the debate went I was not going to get the result I wanted.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 13:012 edits
    Originally posted by sh76
    Hillary won in a rout.

But that's not the issue. The issue is that Trump proved he's even incapable of playacting. He loses his temper at the drop of a hat. He can't resist any level of trolling and his talk in general is on the intellectual level of a middle schooler.

I'm not surprised by any of this, but I'm still disappointed that he can't even pretend.
    Don't be so sure.

You were watching the debate as a lawyer would.

Most Americans, however, were watching the debate as if watching Jerry Springer.

Wait for the polls before you speak. Most voters have the IQ of a pumpkin, hence the two nominees.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '10
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 13:10
    Trump's gaffes had to do with his taxes. His spontaneous "That makes me smart" comment, suggesting that he enjoys not paying taxes, will not sit well over the long term.
    And so I think it was very bad for him.
    But the rest of his performance I thought played the 'outsider' card pretty well.
    She dis better than he did last night but he did better than I expected.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 13:37
    Originally posted by stevemcc
    Trump's gaffes had to do with his taxes. His spontaneous "That makes me smart" comment, suggesting that he enjoys not paying taxes, will not sit well over the long term.
    And so I think it was very bad for him.
    But the rest of his performance I thought played the 'outsider' card pretty well.
    She dis better than he did last night but he did better than I expected.
    Most within the DNC probably don't pay their taxes.

Obama had trouble filling cabinet positions because when probed it was revealed that they did not pay their taxes.

Hell, even the head of the IRS did not pay his taxes properly.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 14:01
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    You shouldn't use the word moron if you don't know what it means.

Run and google to look less moronic... moron.
    But moron that later....
  9. Germany
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 14:58
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    Says the guy who thinks he needs a time travel machine for renting a movie. 🙄

And yes, I know that's not what you meant...

define self-parody
    You know, early on in the election cycle, whenever Trump made one of his more outrageous and moronic statements, I thought to myself: "nah, Americans are not stupid enough to buy this crap. They don't really want to abolish freedom of speech, execute civilians without a trial, etc. etc. etc., do they?"

Well, take your pick. Stupid and evil or uninformed? I think most Americans, even many declared Trump voters, want what's best for America. So I go for "naive and uninformed" over "stupid and evil."
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 15:592 edits
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    You know, early on in the election cycle, whenever Trump made one of his more outrageous and moronic statements, I thought to myself: "nah, Americans are not stupid enough to buy this crap. They don't really want to abolish freedom of speech, execute civilians without a trial, etc. etc. etc., do they?"

Well, take your pick. Stupid and evil or uninfor ...[text shortened]... voters, want what's best for America. So I go for "naive and uninformed" over "stupid and evil."
    Where does on draw the line between stupid and evil?

I suppose those who are considered evil seem to benefit from bad choices temporarily as where the stupid people don't seem to personally benefit from them.

Looking at the trajectory of the country under Hillary or Trump, I'd say they are all stupid vs. evil.
  11. Germany
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 16:37
    Originally posted by whodey
    Where does on draw the line between stupid and evil?
    A good question. To take a few RHP contributors as an example, I would say you are more stupid than evil, while e.g. Eladar (who, for instance, defended putting to death homosexuals) is more evil than stupid.

About a third of German voters supported Adolf Hitler in 1933. We can all agree the Nazi regime was evil, but were their voters? I would say most of them, similar people to Trump voters (esp. Trump primary voters), just wanted to make Germany great again.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 16:511 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    A good question. To take a few RHP contributors as an example, I would say you are more stupid than evil, while e.g. Eladar (who, for instance, defended putting to death homosexuals) is more evil than stupid.

About a third of German voters supported Adolf Hitler in 1933. We can all agree the Nazi regime was evil, but were their voters? I would say mo ...[text shortened]... lar people to Trump voters (esp. Trump primary voters), just wanted to make Germany great again.
    I think by in large everyone wants a better world.

You call me stupid for opposing Hillary? So be it, we shall see the world you will be happy with.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 17:25
    I heard that the moderator, Lester Holt, asked Trump 15 questions as where he only asked Hillary 2.

So much for being impartial.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 17:35
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    Anyone who says that anyone who watched the debate is a moron is a moron.
    Please do not insult morons by that comparison.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 17:44
    Originally posted by mchill
    What you saw Whodey was a well prepared Hillary Clinton with a better grasp of the issues, and superior debating skills, against an unprepared Donald Trump who simply ran out of gas in the last 30 min. of the debate. All he could do was interrupt, and stammer his little sound bites. I'm afraid this is one situation where Trump won't be able to bluster and bul ...[text shortened]... ur country.

I think Hillary is better debater, but the trouble she has is not talking it is actually doing the
    things that need done, when they need done, the way they need done! People died
    working for her and she lied about it, she put our country at risk with her behavior in how
    she handled her emails. Funny how she thinks she is better at national security when she
    has even admitted her convenience came before follow rules and laws.

Its easy to say what you will and not worry about how factual your statements are. I didn't
    see her pushed on many of the lies she has told over the years. Trump was pushed was
    about his past was she really?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree