1. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    30 Mar '12 18:08
    "I do not understand why prostitution is illegal. Selling is legal. Fvcking is legal. Why isn't selling fvcking legal?" -George Carlin
  2. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    30 Mar '12 21:233 edits
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    "I do not understand why prostitution is illegal. Selling is legal. Fvcking is legal. Why isn't selling fvcking legal?" -George Carlin
    Prostitution should be legal. But apparently within government power to make it illegal.

I have always like George Carlin. I saw him deliver this one below at a show in Louisiana, and a few people around me in the audience got up and left.

"Have you noticed that most of the women who are against abortion are women you wouldn’t want to fvck in the first place? There’s such balance in nature." -George Carlin
  3. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    30 Mar '12 21:241 edit
    Another fav:

"Have you ever wondered why Republicans are so interested in encouraging people to volunteer in their communities? It’s because volunteers work for no pay. Republicans have been trying to get people to work for no pay for a long time." -George Carlin
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Mar '12 21:12
    Originally posted by moon1969
    The intent of almost all media is to make money.
    Within the parameters of indocrintation.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Mar '12 21:13
    Originally posted by moon1969
    Freedom of expression is a fundamental principle.

Again, I can't help your limited understanding or confusion that sex for money is protected under the First Amendment if a form of expression, and is not so protected if not a form of expression. It is basic constitutional law.

I would think you would understand that instead of trying to impose some ...[text shortened]... gulating expression.

Do you think you will ever understand the constitutional distinction.
    Not when you can label pretty much anything a freedom of expression.
  6. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    31 Mar '12 23:41
    Originally posted by whodey
    Not when you can label pretty much anything a freedom of expression.
    I wouldn't say expression is limitless. Any speech or printed matter including video. May could also include stuff like forms of dance especially religious dance.

I guess according to you if it is a bad speech, then it is not expression protected under the Constitution.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree