1. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    17 Feb '10 19:28
    Originally posted by sh76
    Ah; I see.

Carry on. 🙂
    But, of course, that was Bush's base (the Have-Mores.)

Why can't we have a bi-partisan debt commission that looks at taxes also? If you are serious about reducing the debt nothing should be off the table. McCain, and Kay Bailey, and the rest of the liars are so afraid of someone suggesting a tax increase that they would rather not tackle the deficit problem. When you compare their rhetoric with their actions isn't clear what liars and hypocrites they are? They are a clear and present danger to the entire nation.
  2. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    17 Feb '10 23:13
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    But, of course, that was Bush's base (the Have-Mores.)

Why can't we have a bi-partisan debt commission that looks at taxes also? If you are serious about reducing the debt nothing should be off the table. McCain, and Kay Bailey, and the rest of the liars are so afraid of someone suggesting a tax increase that they would rather not tackle the deficit ...[text shortened]... what liars and hypocrites they are? They are a clear and present danger to the entire nation.
    Obama is in a tight spot too since he promised not to raise taxes on 95% of population. Any realistic solution going to require that though.

He's wise to be concerned though. Look what happened to Bush Sr. when he went back on his promise not to raise taxes.
  3. silicon valley
    Moves
    17 Feb '10 23:33
    massive federal layoffs would obviate the need for raising taxes.

that's what corporations do!
  4. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    18 Feb '10 00:26
    Originally posted by zeeblebot

Some states (most of which have balanced budget rules) have been doing that.

Of course, jacking the unemployment rate way up won't help either party.
  5. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    18 Feb '10 00:32
    Originally posted by zeeblebot

You're right - don't need all those troops overseas!
  6. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '10 02:05
    Originally posted by telerion
    I didn't call it "a tax cut for the rich" nor was I intending to make any framing statements about the legislation. It is true that the reform lowered taxes across the board, however within the context of the long-term federal budget, the tax decreases on the rich are much more pertinent simply because such a large fraction of total revenue come from those households. That is why I focused on the effects of the reform on the rich in that post.
    And the 10 % unemployment is not helping. How much of that figure is unemployed rich people?
    The last two years of the Bush administration, the Democrats controlled the cards.
    The housing bust?
    Bank bail-outs?
    Exactly why do you think Bush tax cuts caused that scene?
    About the only place you can be sure to get a job, is in the military now,,,, so war is good?
    OMG,,,,, gotta get a hold of myself.
  7. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    18 Feb '10 02:57
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    And the 10 % unemployment is not helping. How much of that figure is unemployed rich people?
    The last two years of the Bush administration, the Democrats controlled the cards.
    The housing bust?
    Bank bail-outs?
    Exactly why do you think Bush tax cuts caused that scene?
    About the only place you can be sure to get a job, is in the military now,,,, so war is good?
    OMG,,,,, gotta get a hold of myself.
    Actually, jobs figures I saw showed that the higher the income, the less unemployment. War is bankrupting us and we are so stupid we can't see it. How well could we defend the homeland if we were here in force (along with our cash) to do it? "We have met the enemy and he is us."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree