Why are there people?

Why are there people?

Debates

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
02 Sep 19

With all the total random events of evolution, why are there people at all? We shouldn't even be here......

Moves
02 Sep 19

@sonhouse said
With all the total random events of evolution, why are there people at all? We shouldn't even be here......
Why not people? Something had to evolve as a dominant species.

It's like the randomness of a lottery. (With perhaps a tad less of the random). Someone has to win.

Read a book!

Moves
02 Sep 19
1 edit

@sonhouse said
Do you believe evolution is random and not survival of the fittest?

B

Moves
02 Sep 19

I doubt sheep were part of the fittest group.
They are not predators and they don't breed fast enough to survive constant attacks by predators so some of it must be random dumb luck.

w

Moves
02 Sep 19

@sonhouse said
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/_1E4Ner_ZoU/hqdefault.jpg

Lake Como

Moves
02 Sep 19
1 edit

@handyandy said
Do you believe evolution is random and not survival of the fittest?
It is survival of the fittest. Or, none would have survived. Nobody, as no one would have been fit to run the show.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
02 Sep 19

@sonhouse said
Evolution has a wicked sense of humor.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
02 Sep 19
1 edit

@botvinnikian said
They are not predators and they don't breed fast enough to survive constant attacks by predators so some of it must be random dumb luck.
Predator and prey numbers go up and down.

Fewer sheep leads to fewer wolves, and fewer wolves allow for more sheep to breed which in turn means more food for the wolves, so more wolves are able to propagate leading to a drop in sheep numbers... and so forth and so on.
Population of one goes up causing the population of the other to go down, then the up goes down causing the down to go up... and continuously seesaws back and forth in this manner.

Moves
02 Sep 19

@sonhouse said
A glitch in the matrix.

D

Moves
02 Sep 19

k

Moves
02 Sep 19

@botvinnikian said
The majority of people ARE sheep. The end is coming.

Read a book!

Moves
02 Sep 19

@botvinnikian said
Modern sheep have human protection. Before they were domesticated, wild sheep were probably more rugged and more of a match for wolves and other predators.

Moves
02 Sep 19

The post that was quoted here has been removed
I read somewhere (not the Guardian) that 99 percent of all creatures who ever existed are now extinct.

I'm sure something else will rise up to take our place when we are wiped out by a meteor or poison ourselves with plastic.

c

Moves
02 Sep 19

@sonhouse said
If a person is unwilling to give credit to some sort of Creator, then all that's left is luck, guessing, and randomness, and lottery hypothesis.

A Creator makes much more sense.

D

Moves
02 Sep 19
1 edit

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.