1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    18 Feb '10 21:57
    Assuming the Mossad was behind this operation in Dubai, and it's looking probable that they were, why do you suppose they chose forged British passports for their agents?

Do you suppose it had something to do with the fact that the Brits basically did nothing but sputter a few harsh words a few years back when the Russians did everything but fly Vladimir Putin himself to London to put a bullet in Litvinenko's head?

Personally, though I was horrified at the Russian conduct, I was amused that the Russians could get away with so brazenly violating British territorial sovereignty and carrying out an assassination of a political dissident in the shadow of Big Ben.

I guess the Israelis were taking notes.

Political inaction has consequences too.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '10 22:44
    Originally posted by sh76
    Assuming the Mossad was behind this operation in Dubai, and it's looking probable that they were, why do you suppose they chose forged British passports for their agents?

Do you suppose it had something to do with the fact that the Brits basically did nothing but sputter a few harsh words a few years back when the Russians did everything but fly Vladimir Put ...[text shortened]... ig Ben.

The Brits are a happy go lucky bunch. They let known terrorists walk around from what I hear. In fact, pretty much everyone is welcomed.....except someone like Micahel Savage.
  3. Joined
    01 Jan '09
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 00:53

Do you suppose it had something to do with the fact that the Brits basically did nothing but sputter a few harsh words a few years back when the Russians did everything but fly Vladimir Put ...[text shortened]... ig Ben.

The British are weak. What is the debate topic?
  4. Joined
    01 Jan '09
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 00:56
    Originally posted by whodey
    The Brits are a happy go lucky bunch. They let known terrorists walk around from what I hear. In fact, pretty much everyone is welcomed.....except someone like Micahel Savage.
    Thank you whodey. That is a debate topic.
  5. Pepperland
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 17:22
    Originally posted by whodey
    and this is based on what?
  6. Pepperland
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 17:45

I wouldn't be surprised if the british govt had been secretly collaborating with the israelis, Im sure they'd deny such thing, but it is possible.
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 17:48

What a sad bitter post.
  8. Standard memberDrKF
    incipit parodia
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 17:51
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    and this is based on what?
    Prejudice fed by gross misrepresentation and ignorance.
  9. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 20:14
    Originally posted by Palynka
    What a sad bitter post.
    Sad? Perhaps. Life is sad sometimes.

Bitter? Not really. I'm not bitter at the Brits. I like the Brits.

The British response to the Litvinenko hit. That was sad. It showed that while they may be willing to try to bully you a bit if you're a little boy, like Israel (perhaps by indicting your leaders for actions they have no jurisdiction over so that your leaders have to be afraid to come to the UK). If you're a big boy, like Russia, well, yes sir; do what you like with our territorial integrity, sir.
  10. silicon valley
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 20:34
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    I wouldn't be surprised if the british govt had been secretly collaborating with the israelis, Im sure they'd deny such thing, but it is possible.
    there were some headlines yesterday that british intelligence knew about it beforehand.

although, re "Why did Mossad choose British passports?" ...

it might just be that they had to take was available and suitable. given that they picked passports from various countries, not just the UK.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree