1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    08 Apr '17 06:25
    Everytime something remotely bad happens in India its reported by the bbc. Im not debating whether or not the articles are true or not but a lot worse things are happening in many other countries than a little girl being found 'living with monkeys' and a dairy farmer beaten up.
  2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    08 Apr '17 06:28
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Everytime something remotely bad happens in India its reported by the bbc. Im not debating whether or not the articles are true or not but a lot worse things are happening in many other countries than a little girl being found 'living with monkeys' and a dairy farmer beaten up.
    Britain has a large Indian population.
    They expect them to be interested in news-worthy items about the homeland.

I presume.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    08 Apr '17 06:45
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Britain has a large Indian population.
    They expect them to be interested in news-worthy items about the homeland.

I presume.
    Hmm. No, that sounds way too reasonable. I'm going for nefarious motives instead.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Apr '17 19:271 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    10 Apr '17 00:41
    Hmmm... Sucks to be a country singled out for bad press when your problems are relatively minor compared to much of the world.

I wonder if the UN ever does that.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Apr '17 02:021 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    10 Apr '17 04:15
    They don't like the curry in the Tandori chicken?
  8. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    10 Apr '17 04:29
    The poms just like rubbing the Indians noses in it that ever since they were kicked out, things have been the same.....
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Apr '17 17:47
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Yeah, you can see how well that turned out in China....
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Apr '17 18:331 edit
    Do you have actual statistics on this? Or do you have a particular interest in India and so only notice stories about India?

Remember that news is strongly biased by language so we need to compare stories from India with stories from other English speaking countries. Then we need to ask about population and number of resident reporters. I think you will find the BBC has maybe one resident reporter in Zambia so not too many stories from there.

Also remember racism. News is strongly biased by skin colour, with news from Africa being largely ignored by most 'Western' nations.

You don't hear much from Kyrgyzstan because of:
    1. Language barriers.
    2. Politically we imagine it as part of Russia (or more likely simply don't know it exists).
    3. It probably has a relatively small media industry.
    Those are guesses, because I know very little about the place. There was a landslide there recently and they mentioned the village but its not on any maps, nor could I find it on Google.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree