1. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    06 Feb '16 23:12
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    "Elections are said to be decided by those in the middle,"
    only when all candidates are as interesting as an empty bag of chips.

there will be plenty of young people getting up and voting for sanders. if not that, at least plenty of people who will vote for clinton, no matter what baboon winds up as the republican nominee
    Z, you are a young foreigner. Frankly, I don't even see why you are interested. But you spout off as if you are an expert on American electoral politics.

You may be right about elections not being decided by centrists. I have always thought that to be simplistic. If your view were distilled truth, then Republicans might as well fold their tents. But realistically, they have some of the best set of contending front runners I can remember (not baboons), but articulate, experienced people from different backgrounds. Not just any Democratic candidate is going to beat whomever the Republicans select. Better hope your folks choose the right man or woman for the job. If it were me, I'd choose Bernie. Hillary is a loser.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Feb '16 00:231 edit
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Z, you are a young foreigner. Frankly, I don't even see why you are interested. But you spout off as if you are an expert on American electoral politics.

You may be right about elections not being decided by centrists. I have always thought that to be simplistic. If your view were distilled truth, then Republicans might as well fold their tents. B ...[text shortened]... oose the right man or woman for the job. If it were me, I'd choose Bernie. Hillary is a loser.
    I hardly think the Republican front runners are particularly impressive; Trump as mentioned has the highest negatives ever among Presidential contenders, Cruz and Rubio are first term Senators and the former a particularly disliked one.

If the GOP was smart, they'd run Kasich, a very popular Governor with a lot of legislative experience who hails from a critical swing State. But unless he does very well in New Hampshire on Tuesday, he's a likely drop out.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Feb '16 00:33
    Originally posted by normbenign

You may be right about elections not being decided by centrists. I have always thought that to be simplistic. If your view were distilled truth, then Republicans might as well fold their tents. B ...[text shortened]... oose the right man or woman for the job. If it were me, I'd choose Bernie. Hillary is a loser.
    "Z, you are a young foreigner.[...]But you spout off as if you are an expert on American electoral politics."
    appeal to authority. only "experts" may offer opinions? how about you argue the points and don't worry your pretty head on my foreigness. or how young or old i am

"Frankly, I don't even see why you are interested."
    yeh, this again. well, again the same answer: whether i like it or not, who leads america impacts the whole world.

"If your view were distilled truth, then Republicans might as well fold their tents. "
    this election? they should. they gathered the most insane people they could find and paraded them for i have no idea what reason. they can't have decided that the election is lost. maybe they wanted to set up jeb bush for a win and surround him with mentals and now they are crapping their pants that republicans like the loonies like trump and cruz more than they like poor boring jeb.

"But realistically, they have some of the best set of contending front runners I can remember (not baboons), but articulate, experienced people from different backgrounds."
    bwahahaha you are hilarious. who are you talking about? the only sane person on that stage seems rubio and only because you can see a little disgust on his face for having to be at least a little crazy to match trump and cruz. maybe christie if he weren't a corrupt little (ha!) man.

"Not just any Democratic candidate is going to beat whomever the Republicans select."
    no, maybe o'malley wouldn't have been a sure bet. sanders or clinton however will mop the floor with trump or cruz. it's pretty much known that both trump's and cruz's supporters hate the other one. do you think either one can gather the other one's votes?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Feb '16 20:34

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Feb '16 20:39

6. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Feb '16 20:42

7. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    07 Feb '16 22:481 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I hardly think the Republican front runners are particularly impressive...
    Understatement of the Year.

Rubio is particularly hollow. He's being compared to a wind-up doll, which is fitting.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Feb '16 23:23

9. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    07 Feb '16 23:30
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I hardly think the Republican front runners are particularly impressive; Trump as mentioned has the highest negatives ever among Presidential contenders, Cruz and Rubio are first term Senators and the former a particularly disliked one.

If the GOP was smart, they'd run Kasich, a very popular Governor with a lot of legislative experience who hails from ...[text shortened]... l swing State. But unless he does very well in New Hampshire on Tuesday, he's a likely drop out.
    I get a real charge out of obvious Democrat loyalists giving advise to Republican candidate that they would never vote for in a millennium.

Kasich, like many Ohio Republicans, is kind of a cross breed. He isn't known, or is unpopular outside of Ohio. Republicans know their preferences a lot better than limousine liberals do.
  10. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    07 Feb '16 23:33
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    Understatement of the Year.

Rubio is particularly hollow. He's being compared to a wind-up doll, which is fitting.
    I suspect that Republicans don't hold Clinton and Sanders in high regard either. Clinton is an angry, screaming banshee. Sanders looks as if he has a hard time staying awake.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree