Why is it OK.....

Why is it OK.....

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
09 Jun 16
1 edit

http://www.vdare.com/articles/ann-coulter-you-cant-say-mexican-judge-but-you-can-sure-say-white-jury

Why is it OK to complain about too many white judges but not OK to complain about a judge because he is Mexican?

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
09 Jun 16

Originally posted by whodey
http://www.vdare.com/articles/ann-coulter-you-cant-say-mexican-judge-but-you-can-sure-say-white-jury

Why is it OK to complain about too many white judges but not OK to complain about a Mexican judge?
Not so sophisticated...

Less impressed.

w

Moves
09 Jun 16
3 edits

Originally posted by sh76
Not so sophisticated...

Less impressed.
Wait.....wut?

You are a lawyer sh, and I bet you are white. Here is a article about liberals complaining that there are too many white prosecutors.

http://downtrend.com/vsaxena/too-many-white-prosecutors

Now what if I were to complain that there were too many gays in Hollywood?

F

Cobra Command HQ

Moves
09 Jun 16
1 edit

Why is it OK to complain about too many white judges but not OK to complain about a judge because he is Mexican?
Because it's OK to complain about too many whites in anything but not too many blacks, hispanics, etc.
That'd be racist.Since whites are going to be the minority soon I wonder if that will change?

Z

Moves
09 Jun 16

Originally posted by FishHead111
Because it's OK to complain about too many whites in anything but not too many blacks, hispanics, etc.
That'd be racist.Since whites are going to be the minority soon I wonder if that will change?
yes! that judge has too many mexicans in him.

K

Germany

Moves
09 Jun 16

Ask someone who complains about too many "white" judges but says it's not OK to complain about a judge being "Mexican."

rain

Moves
09 Jun 16
5 edits

1) There's 400 years of documented racial discrimination from whites that continues to this day, in a nation dominated and run by whites. Alleging that one Mexican judge has similar bias is quite baseless by comparison.

2) The judge started presiding over the case in 2014, long before Trump entered the presidential race, and long before Trump made his plans for a wall or his inflammatory comments about Mexican immigrants public:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonzalo_P._Curiel

"In February 2014, Curiel certified Tarla Makaeff v. Trump University as a class action alleging that Trump University was "a basically fraudulent endeavor".

Was it his "Mexican heritage" that caused him to make this decision back in 2014?

3) Curiel fought to take down Mexican drug cartels, leading a task force as federal prosecutor to do so.

So...that's why Trump's comments are not "OK".

q

Moves
09 Jun 16

I think Whodey's argument should be addressed: Why do many consider a decision from an all white jury to be unfair (whether it is because they couldn't possibly be fair to minority or because they have different life experiences) but would not consider the argument that a minority decision maker (here a judge -- but it just as easily could be an all minority jury) is inherently unfair to a white man.
Either the race of the decision maker matters or it doesn't. Clearly, in my mind, the race of the decision maker doesn't matter. But the Trump argument is no dumber than the all white jury argument.

rain

Moves
09 Jun 16
1 edit

Originally posted by quackquack
I think Whodey's argument should be addressed: Why do many consider a decision from an all white jury to be unfair (whether it is because they couldn't possibly be fair to minority or because they have different life experiences) but would not consider the argument that a minority decision maker (here a judge -- but it just as easily could be an all mino ...[text shortened]... ion maker doesn't matter. But the Trump argument is no dumber than the all white jury argument.
I doubt anyone automatically thinks an all-white jury's decision is unfair. An all-white jury has their decision questioned during times when the verdict seems clearly unjust; one famous example, the Rodney King case, where despite video being shown of King being assaulted repeatedly on the ground in a clearly defensive and subdued position, no (white) cop was convicted. Cases like this aren't isolated.

Conversely, all-minority juries haven't been involved in racially-charged cases any near as often.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
09 Jun 16

Originally posted by quackquack
I think Whodey's argument should be addressed: Why do many consider a decision from an all white jury to be unfair (whether it is because they couldn't possibly be fair to minority or because they have different life experiences) but would not consider the argument that a minority decision maker (here a judge -- but it just as easily could be an all mino ...[text shortened]... ion maker doesn't matter. But the Trump argument is no dumber than the all white jury argument.
Because of this:

(i) juries formed from all-white jury pools convict black defendants significantly (16 percentage points) more often than white defendants, and (ii) this gap in conviction rates is entirely eliminated when the jury pool includes at least one black member. The impact of jury race is much greater than what a simple correlation of the race of the seated jury and conviction rates would suggest.

http://qje.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2012/04/15/qje.qjs014.full

I know of no equivalent statistical research indicating that "Mexican" judges exhibit a strong bias against white billionaires. Perhaps you could provide some.

q

Moves
09 Jun 16

Originally posted by no1marauder
Because of this:

(i) juries formed from all-white jury pools convict black defendants significantly (16 percentage points) more often than white defendants, and (ii) this gap in conviction rates is entirely eliminated when the jury pool includes at least one black member. The impact of jury race is much greater than what a simple correlation of the r ...[text shortened]... exican" judges exhibit a strong bias against white billionaires. Perhaps you could provide some.
Isn't Trump far less popular with Mexicans (who the judge is) than the white population?
Of course that does not mean that Trump is entitled to a white judge just a fair one.
Similarly I'd argue that a defendant is entitled to a fair jury not one of a specific racial composition. In the end, the Mexican judge decided a case is not different than a white jury deciding a case and in both we should not worry about the ethnicity of the decision maker.

E

Moves
09 Jun 16

Originally posted by sh76
Not so sophisticated...

Less impressed.
Exactly, don't you know that you one isn't allowed to ask such questions? There are too many white people in positions of power already. We all know that and of course this is a problem. There aren't enough Latinos so of course you are not allowed to complain.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
09 Jun 16
2 edits

Originally posted by Eladar
Exactly, don't you know that you one isn't allowed to ask such questions? There are too many white people in positions of power already. We all know that and of course this is a problem. There aren't enough Latinos so of course you are not allowed to complain.
There are lots of white Latinos in positions of power e.g. Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Susana Martinez, Cameron Diaz, Ramon Estevez Sr, Nancy Pelosi etc

E

Moves
09 Jun 16

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
There are lots of white Latinos in positions of power e.g. Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Susana Martinez, Cameron Diaz, Ramon Estevez, Nancy Pelosi etc
Tell that to your fellow libtards who believe that whites have too much power in this country.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
09 Jun 16

Originally posted by Eladar
Tell that to your fellow libtards who believe that whites have too much power in this country.
These people ARE white.