1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 16:20
    Why do some people have a problem with the president's pick for Secretary of Defense?

Hagel is against the crippling sanctions imposed on Iran. So what? Sanctions don't really work anyway so what is the big deal?

I was never a supporter of Obama, but Hagel doesn't seem like a bad choice to me. Why do some people have such a problem with his nomination?
  2. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 18:02
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    Why do some people have a problem with the president's pick for Secretary of Defense?

Hagel is against the crippling sanctions imposed on Iran. So what? Sanctions don't really work anyway so what is the big deal?

I was never a supporter of Obama, but Hagel doesn't seem like a bad choice to me. Why do some people have such a problem with his nomination?
    Some believe him to be anti Semitic.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 19:42
    Hagel is anti-Israel and pro-Islamic terrorists such as Hamas.
  4. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 19:44
    Also, he just has an issue in general with drag queens on the front lines. I don't know why...something about they won't wear camouflage.
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 19:51
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Some believe him to be anti Semitic.
    I see no merit to that claim. All he said is that a lot of congressmen are afraid to go against the Jewish/Israeli lobby. Being truthful and accurate does not make him anti Semitic.

A lot of congressmen would not dare risk losing campaign contributions from the pro Israeli lobby. Should he be punished for telling it like it is?

Seems to me that the powers that be do not want anybody that says anything even remotely negative about Israel to be in a powerful defense position. Israel might as well be called a colony of the USA. The empire will have nothing bad being said about it's surrogate military power that serves them. Praise Israel and vote for aid unconditionally and you climb the ladder of power. That seems to be how it works.
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 19:55
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Hagel is anti-Israel and pro-Islamic terrorists such as Hamas.
    Hagel has voted for aid to Israel according to Colin Powell. Powell disputes your claim and say he simply goofed by saying Jewish Lobby instead of Israeli Lobby.

Pro-Islamic terrorist???? Where is your source of information?
  7. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 20:23
    I see no merit to that claim. All he said is that a lot of congressmen are afraid to go against the Jewish/Israeli lobby. Being truthful and accurate does not make him anti Semitic.

A lot of congressmen would not dare risk losing campaign contributions from the pro Israeli lobby. Should he be punished for telling it like it is?

Seems to me that th ...[text shortened]... vote for aid unconditionally and you climb the ladder of power. That seems to be how it works.
    I said some would say he's anti Israel. I don't take that position, as it really isn't a US responsibility to see to Israel's survival.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 20:28
    Hagel has voted for aid to Israel according to Colin Powell. Powell disputes your claim and say he simply goofed by saying Jewish Lobby instead of Israeli Lobby.

Pro-Islamic terrorist???? Where is your source of information?
    He would not vote to label Hamas a terrorist organization.
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 21:28
    Originally posted by Eladar
    He would not vote to label Hamas a terrorist organization.
    Maybe they are not a terrorist organization. When the USA likes a terrorist organization my government calls them rebels.

The British Empire used to call Americans fighting for independence terrorists. Don't all big armies call small fighting forces terrorists?

What is the difference between rebels and terrorists?
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 22:35
    Maybe they are not a terrorist organization. When the USA likes a terrorist organization my government calls them rebels.

The British Empire used to call Americans fighting for independence terrorists. Don't all big armies call small fighting forces terrorists?

What is the difference between rebels and terrorists?
    Exactly.

If you don't see them as terrorists, you don't see them as bad guys. If you don't see them as bad guys, then you side with the Islamic fanatics. These people are by nature anti-Israel.
  11. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    14 Jan '13 01:28

It wouldn't matter who Obama wanted for this job...the GOP would be against it!
  12. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 20:36
    One nation in particular loves Hagel forDefense Secretary:

http://frontpagemag.com/2013/volpe/former-dem-senator-praises-hagel-pick-on-iranian-state-tv/
  13. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 20:40

The GOP will oppose ANYTHING President Obama wants to do, even if it means throwing one of their fellow republicans under the bus.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 20:43
    Originally posted by bill718
    The GOP will oppose ANYTHING President Obama wants to do, even if it means throwing one of their fellow republicans under the bus.
    lol!
  15. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 20:43
    Originally posted by bill718
    Hagel is a RINO. He'll dismantle the military (as much as that can be done in 18 months) and endanger American lives in the process. His foreign policy is left of Obama's.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree