1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Feb '16 17:48
    Originally posted by whodey
    The reason is simple, all the man does is run around and talk about the Constitution. The constitution? The man wants to return the US back into an antiquated Constitutional Republic, so he must be stopped.

He must be insane.
    He talks about it but he pretends to not understand it to get the vote of idiots like yourself.
  2. Germany
    Moves
    08 Feb '16 18:11
    It's nice just to see that someone has a pulse and recognizes just how lawless the federal government has become.
    What, in concrete terms, do you expect that Cruz might do, if elected, in order to safeguard the constitution and fight the "lawlessness" of the federal government?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Feb '16 20:15
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    He talks about it but he pretends to not understand it to get the vote of idiots like yourself.
    If memory serves, you admitted that the NDAA was unconstitutional and that Obama going to war without consent of Congress violated the law.

So who the hell cares? Just empower government more by voting Bernie you dingleberry
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Feb '16 20:154 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Feb '16 20:18
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    What, in concrete terms, do you expect that Cruz might do, if elected, in order to safeguard the constitution and fight the "lawlessness" of the federal government?
    Actually, I have very little hope that the system can be reformed from within. From what I've seen, we have consistently been lied to repeatedly, and the system is too far gone for one person to make much of a difference anyway.

Our greatest hope is the article V movement, have states rise up and challenge federal power that feeds their corruption.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Feb '16 20:18
    Actually, I have very little hope that the system can be reformed from within. From what I've seen, we have consistently been lied to repeatedly, and the system is too far gone for one person to make much of a difference anyway.

Our greatest hope is the article V movement, have states rise up and challenge federal power that feeds their corruption.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Feb '16 21:201 edit
    If memory serves, you admitted that the NDAA was unconstitutional and that Obama going to war without consent of Congress violated the law.

So who the hell cares? Just empower government more by voting Bernie you dingleberry
    Cruz supports both indefinite detention of "terrorists" without due process (in fact he supports waterboarding and other types of torture) and Presidential war making without Congressional authorization ("sand into glass" remember?).

So, my idiot friend, Mr. Cruz's version of the Constitution is perfectly consistent with both of those things.

EDIT: To give Cruz some credit, he did vote against indefinite detention of US citizens (so did Bernie Sanders BTW).http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/congress/item/17248-ted-cruz-indefinite-detention-retained-in-ndaa-2014

But nowhere in the Constitution does it suggest that the protections explicitly spelled out in the Bill of Rights are limited to US citizens (the language is to the contrary). So Cruz's reading is a cramped one inconsistent with the Framer's intent.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    08 Feb '16 21:24

I see. So you don't think Cruz will accomplish anything but you support him anyway because he says some things about the constitution?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Feb '16 23:10
    I see. So you don't think Cruz will accomplish anything but you support him anyway because he says some things about the constitution?
    Why should I have any hope in politicians who routinely lie to me with impunity?

Again, I don't think the system can be reformed except by an outward intervention.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree