Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    3298
    26 Aug '15 15:011 edit
    Republicans bemoan the fact that they have had so much trouble winning of late, and that those "dirty old Liberals" have gained the upper hand. Hillary is no innocent, that's for sure, but before our fine, God fearing, bible thumping republicans start mudslinging Hillary, maybe they should start looking in the mirror and tell us what they see. Here is a partial list:

    * Rick Perry - Under investigation for abuse of power
    * Scott Walker - Under investigation for illegally coordinating with special interest groups, in connection with his recall election
    * Chris Christie - Bridgegate ( and they are closing in)
    * Virginia Gov. Bob McConnell and wife - Convicted of illegally accepting gifts
    * FL Gov. Rick Scott- Under investigation for pushing the drug testing of welfare recipients, knowing the company doing the tests was the one he founded.
    *Mark Sanford - Betraying his wife and family with an affair ( then was reelected!)
    *Dennis Hastert - Under investigation for Illegal bank transfers, and lying to the FBI

    This does not include the sex scandals, or the folks at the state and local levels (which is much longer!) And these folks have the gall to sling mud at Hillary?? As I said, Hillary is no innocent here, but I'm having a hard time convincing myself all these fine God fearing republicans' legal investigations and convictions are all politically motivated. Maybe the GOP's problems at election time is people simply don't trust them anymore.
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    9780
    26 Aug '15 16:09
    Republicans won the last midterm elections by wide margins, and now control both houses of Congress. They're not having as much trouble as you make it seem.
  3. The Catbird's Seat
    Joined
    21 Oct '06
    Moves
    2598
    26 Aug '15 19:34
    Originally posted by bill718
    Republicans bemoan the fact that they have had so much trouble winning of late, and that those "dirty old Liberals" have gained the upper hand. Hillary is no innocent, that's for sure, but before our fine, God fearing, bible thumping republicans start mudslinging Hillary, maybe they should start looking in the mirror and tell us what they see. Here is a part ...[text shortened]... motivated. Maybe the GOP's problems at election time is people simply don't trust them anymore.
    Republicans hold both Houses of Congress, a wide majority of governorships, and most State legislatures. No that can't be since they have trouble winning elections.
  4. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    26 Aug '15 22:521 edit
    Originally posted by bill718
    Republicans bemoan the fact that they have had so much trouble winning of late, and that those "dirty old Liberals" have gained the upper hand. Hillary is no innocent, that's for sure, but before our fine, God fearing, bible thumping republicans start mudslinging Hillary, maybe they should start looking in the mirror and tell us what they see. Here is a part ...[text shortened]... motivated. Maybe the GOP's problems at election time is people simply don't trust them anymore.
    Bill718's not the most effective propagandist for the Democratic Party.
    Of course, there's ample hypocrisy among Republican politicians. But the Republican
    Party still keeps winning many elections. Should Bill718 conclude that many Americans
    don't object to or even like voting for hypocrites?
  5. The Catbird's Seat
    Joined
    21 Oct '06
    Moves
    2598
    26 Aug '15 22:58
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    Bill718's not the most effective propagandist for the Democratic Party.
    Of course, there's ample hypocrisy among Republican politicians. But the Republican
    Party still keeps winning many elections. Should Bill718 conclude that many Americans
    don't object to or even like voting for hypocrites?
    Perhaps Duchess64 is a real expert on hypocrisy.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    13029
    27 Aug '15 09:51
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    Bill718's not the most effective propagandist for the Democratic Party.
    Of course, there's ample hypocrisy among Republican politicians. But the Republican
    Party still keeps winning many elections. Should Bill718 conclude that many Americans
    don't object to or even like voting for hypocrites?
    I believe Bill is just a Yellow Dog Democrat. 😏
  7. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Joined
    26 Dec '07
    Moves
    17585
    27 Aug '15 14:36
    Originally posted by bill718
    Republicans bemoan the fact that they have had so much trouble winning of late, and that those "dirty old Liberals" have gained the upper hand. Hillary is no innocent, that's for sure, but before our fine, God fearing, bible thumping republicans start mudslinging Hillary, maybe they should start looking in the mirror and tell us what they see. Here is a part ...[text shortened]... motivated. Maybe the GOP's problems at election time is people simply don't trust them anymore.
    The last 4 on the list are irrelevant in today's political landscape (Mark Sanford??? Really? Why not dig up Richard Nixon while you're at it?)

    Most politicians in the public eye will be "under investigation" for something at some point. There's probably something to Bridgegate and, if proven, what Christie did sucks. But Mitt Romney and John McCain did not lose because of any ethical scandals. They lost because they ran into a more popular candidate.

    Besides, as Duchess pointed out, the Republicans have done just fine in elections recently on all but the Presidential level.
  8. The Catbird's Seat
    Joined
    21 Oct '06
    Moves
    2598
    27 Aug '15 18:20
    Originally posted by sh76
    The last 4 on the list are irrelevant in today's political landscape (Mark Sanford??? Really? Why not dig up Richard Nixon while you're at it?)

    Most politicians in the public eye will be "under investigation" for something at some point. There's probably something to Bridgegate and, if proven, what Christie did sucks. But Mitt Romney and John McCain did not ...[text shortened]... ut, the Republicans have done just fine in elections recently on all but the Presidential level.
    Besides, as Duchess pointed out, the Republicans have done just fine in elections recently on all but the Presidential level.

    Vivify, and I did so before Duchess64 did.
  9. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Joined
    26 Dec '07
    Moves
    17585
    27 Aug '15 18:39
    Originally posted by normbenign
    [b]Besides, as Duchess pointed out, the Republicans have done just fine in elections recently on all but the Presidential level.

    Vivify, and I did so before Duchess64 did.[/b]
    Yes, you did.

    And here's you're cookie!

    http://www.quickmeme.com/Heres-your-cookie
  10. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    27 Aug '15 18:57
    Originally posted by sh76 to Normbenign
    Yes, you did.
    And here's you're cookie!

    http://www.quickmeme.com/Heres-your-cookie
    Sh76, if you hired me to teach English at your university, then I might have to mention
    that "you're" means "you are", not "your".

    I regard Bill718 as a completely partisan Democrat who always "sees no evil, hears no evil,
    and speaks no evil" about the mainstream Democratic Party. As such, Bill718 tends to
    offset some completely partisan Republican writers here.
  11. The Catbird's Seat
    Joined
    21 Oct '06
    Moves
    2598
    27 Aug '15 20:15
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    Sh76, if you hired me to teach English at your university, then I might have to mention
    that "you're" means "you are", not "your".

    I regard Bill718 as a completely partisan Democrat who always "sees no evil, hears no evil,
    and speaks no evil" about the mainstream Democratic Party. As such, Bill718 tends to
    offset some completely partisan Republican writers here.
    I doubt that you're in the top 1,000 candidates. Note I used you're properly, pretty good for a nearly illiterate fella. oops! You might try to understand that most of us don't labor over posts to this forum. I'm pretty sure that sh76 would be more careful in a legal brief.
  12. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    27 Aug '15 21:502 edits
    Originally posted by normbenign
    I doubt that you're in the top 1,000 candidates. Note I used you're properly, pretty good for a nearly illiterate fella. oops! You might try to understand that most of us don't labor over posts to this forum. I'm pretty sure that sh76 would be more careful in a legal brief.
    Normbenign seems ignorant of my earlier post's context, which involved his near illiteracy.
    In an earlier thread, Normbenign and I got into another dispute in which I wrote that he's
    'nearly illiterate' and Normbenign boasted that he's far superior to me in reading and writing
    English (or some other typical bluster). Sh76 and I then exchanged (not too serious)
    posts in which Sh76 wrote of welcoming me to teach English grammar at his university.

    The point was that Sh76 recognized, I think, that Normbenign, despite all his swaggering
    bluster, is far inferior to me In all matters concerning English grammar, usage, etc.
    Has Normbenign wondered why none of the other trolls who also hate so much would dare
    risk putting up their money to back Normbenign's boasts of superiority over me in English?
  13. wherever I am needed
    Joined
    13 Dec '12
    Moves
    40201
    27 Aug '15 22:081 edit
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    Has Normbenign wondered why none of the other trolls who also hate so much would dare
    risk putting up their money to back Normbenign's boasts of superiority over me in English?
    If I may interject, Duchess64

    I think that I may be labelled as one of the 'other trolls who also hate so much'.

    (shouldn't some subject be suggested as to WHAT these trolls hate, ie, yourself?)

    Not that I do 'hate' you, but I think that you perceive me that way.

    Anyways, to cut to the point.

    On your own 'Rape Apologists' thread, P36, 8th (I think) post I said that , after noticing an *appalling lack of English writing skills from Duchess64* that I would back Norm to the tune of a fiver.

    Duches64 has *again showed that she is clearly a liar*. q. e.d. yet again

    How many times?
  14. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Joined
    26 Dec '07
    Moves
    17585
    28 Aug '15 00:23
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    Sh76, if you hired me to teach English at your university, then I might have to mention
    that "you're" means "you are", not "your".
    Gah!

    Mea culpa.

    I try not to do those things even in unedited internet forum posts.

    😳

    But hey, we're all human. 😉
  15. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Joined
    26 Dec '07
    Moves
    17585
    28 Aug '15 00:261 edit
    Originally posted by normbenign
    I'm pretty sure that sh76 would be more careful in a legal brief.
    It's okay. Duchess was just kidding around. It happens, you know. 😉😛
Back to Top