1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 13:04
    Originally posted by uzless
    The right wing cupcakes seem to have taken over RHP in my absence. They continue to spew forth nonsensical garbage. That 10.1% thread being another classic example.

So, to debunk the idiocy and idiots, once again, i present reality to you. This is why unemployment is high and went higher than predicted. The private sector won't hire. Read AND LEARN. ...[text shortened]... cs. Jebus.

And stop blaming obama for all things related to the economy ffs...what a joke.
    Lets see, the government gave the banks all our tax money and they refuse to give it back but somehow it is not the fault of government?

Now we see the left winged cup cakes come out from under their rocks.

BTW: The reason people blame Obama is because the progressives have conditioned people to look to the president to meet every need and want in their lives. So take your medicine and enjoy!! 😛
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 13:083 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    "Anti-business"?? What a laugh. Obama negotiated with business as to the content of health care reform. And he's proposed and signed numerous tax cuts for businesses: http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2010/09/10/fact-sheet-president-obama-has-signed-eight-small-business-tax-cuts-law-
    Yep, there is no doubt about it. Large corporations love Obama's programms such as Obamacare and cap and trade. Of course, you may ask the question as to why they like it so well?

The funny part is that the left blames coporate America for all their ills and the right blames the government officials baught off by coporate America. They are both right and wrong at the same time yet they continue to beat their partisan drums as they defend half of what is wrong with America and attack the other half.

Hilarious!! 😵

As for unemployment, perhaps if Big Brother and Big corporate America did not gang up on small business which employs 2/3 of the work force every year there would be some jobs. In the interim, how about another stimulus package to give more of our tax dollars to corporate America and their government cronies?
  3. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 13:281 edit
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

actually -- this pretty much applies to every single one of us here -- everyone can take the same set of facts and make them fit whatever story we want them to tell.
    I don't believe that was "confirmation bias," it was actually:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delusion

Go out on the street and ask people if they'd like to return to the economy of the 90s. Other than big Defense Contractors and Wall Street thieves I doubt you'll find many who preferred the Aughts.

I'll say it again, "If you think the deficit needs to end then you must support raising taxes. If you don't then you are either a liar or you are delusional." You cannot tax cut your way out of a deficit. History does not show that. (Altho liars will continue to make that assertion without ever providing one scrap of evidence.) How about going to your mortgage holder and telling them you've decided to make less money so they'll just have to cut your payments. That will work great at making you homeless. Buying more hot dogs and less steak or putting Granny in a dog house in the back yard and feeding her cat food might help but it will never solve your problem - only more income will. The Bush tax cuts are in effect right now and the economy is not growing and in fact while they were in effect the economy drove off a cliff like Junior. Don't lie and tell me more of the same will do anything but make the rich temporarily richer. (I say temporarily because their greed is killing their customers and when those people (the American consumer) are gone the Chinese will not replace them.) The choice is clear. You can hold fast to an infantile fantasy or you can grab the bull by the tail and face the situation. We must raise taxes and cut spending.
  4. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 14:202 edits
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    I don't believe that was "confirmation bias," it was actually:

Go out on the street and ask people if they'd like to return to the economy of the 90s. Other than big Defense Contractors and Wall Street thieves I doubt you'll find many who preferred the Aughts.

I'll say it again, "If you think the deficit ne the bull by the tail and face the situation. We must raise taxes and cut spending.
    I have a lot of respect for people who seriously want to reduce spending so that we can balance the budget, and eventually offer tax cuts. But I have no respect for those who say they want to balance the budget and then start yammering about tax cuts.

Until this budget is balanced, there must be NO talk from any of these people about cutting taxes. (that also means that ALL of the expiring tax cuts must be allowed to expire on schedule) I would love to see fiscal conservatives make this pledge. Once the budget has been balanced, conservatives can then make further spending cut proposals to free up money for the tax cuts they want to hand out.

As for spending -- we need to start hearing specific proposals on how we're going to reduce annual spending on each of the following by around 20% within the next few years: Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and National Defense -- or if you don't have the guts to do this, then propose a tax increase to pay for what you're not willing to cut.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 14:27
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    [b]I don't believe that was "confirmation bias," it was actually:

I'll say it again, "If you think the deficit ne ...[text shortened]... are delusional." You cannot tax cut your way out of a deficit. History does not show that.
    So what Washington needs is more of our money? Its like our school system. They throw more and more money into it and wind up being something like #30 in the world. Brilliant!!

The bottom line is that it matters how much money flows into Washington. They will simply spend it. May I present the word for the day? It's called REFORM. I know, I know, those on the left don't think that government needs to be reformed, what they really need is more of our money.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 14:28
    I have a lot of respect for people who seriously want to reduce spending so that we can balance the budget, and eventually offer tax cuts. But I have no respect for those who say they want to balance the budget and then start yammering about tax cuts.

Until this budget is balanced, there must be NO talk from any of these people about cutting taxes. (th ...[text shortened]... e the guts to do this, then propose a tax increase to pay for what you're not willing to cut.
    Until government can demonstrate that they can be fiscally repsonsible with our money I have no problem with tax cuts.
  7. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 14:36

Until this budget is balanced, there must be NO talk from any of these people about cutting taxes. (th ...[text shortened]... e the guts to do this, then propose a tax increase to pay for what you're not willing to cut.
    The sad truth is that we've let taxes get so low on the wealthy that there is no incentive to invest. It is easier to wrangle more money from the political system and shelter cash offshore than to actually grow a business. The US government has always been pro-US-business. When the money decided it could live in any country the goal became to break free of national restrictions so the drumbeat for "free trade" started. The tariffs and tax policy that helped the US grow were turned on their head to help the money flee. (Of course, this is recipe for disaster. They are impoverishing their best customers and are thus sowing the seeds of their own bankruptcy. I never said they were smart.)
  8. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 14:45
    Originally posted by whodey
    Until government can demonstrate that they can be fiscally repsonsible with our money I have no problem with tax cuts.
    please explain how this makes any logical sense.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 14:49
    please explain how this makes any logical sense.
    More tax dollars are flowing into governmnet now that at any other time in history. In addition, more debt is being accumulated than at any time in history.

You tell me what is logical about that?
  10. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 14:591 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    More tax dollars are flowing into governmnet now that at any other time in history. In addition, more debt is being accumulated than at any time in history.

You tell me what is logical about that?
    yes -- more debt is being accumulated now than at any time in history. And yet you propose to make this even WORSE by supporting a tax cut without first balancing the budget -- knowing full well that government has lost all sense of fiscal responsibility.

please tell me how this makes any logical sense.
  11. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 16:23
    yes -- more debt is being accumulated now than at any time in history. And yet you propose to make this even WORSE by supporting a tax cut without first balancing the budget -- knowing full well that government has lost all sense of fiscal responsibility.

The delusional don't make sense. They usually just crap their pants and run around screaming until they get the proper dosage. They have no real ideas. They just parrot fragments of ideas in an endless loop. Today that endless loop is the Republican Party. (Did I say Republican? I meant Tea - no wait! Same old poop in the pants. Calling it a "rose" will not reduce the stench.)

BTW - If he really believed that "fiscally repsonsible" needed to be demonstrated would he support a Party that has never met that test? I don't have to tell you what repeating the same actions and expecting a different result is.
  12. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 17:151 edit
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    do you think you're living in a communist paradise, where they HAVE to hire?
    my god zeebs. YOU complained that obama lied to you by saying the stimulus package would keep unemployment below 8% and said because it's at 10%, that must mean he lied.

Well, as you can see if you even grasped half of the article, unemployment went higher because no one is hiring the people that get laid off, something that obviously wasn't part of obama's plan.

HE CAN'T FORCE COMPANIES TO START HIRING...The powers of any administration are limited when it comes to kickstarting the economy as is made clear by the article.

So, stop blaming (or give credit) to any administration for the behaviour of market participants.
  13. silicon valley
    Moves
    20 Oct '10 16:38
    The right wing cupcakes seem to have taken over RHP in my absence. They continue to spew forth nonsensical garbage. That 10.1% thread being another classic example.

So, to debunk the idiocy and idiots, once again, i present reality to you. This is why unemployment is high and went higher than predicted. The private sector won't hire. Read AND LEARN. ...[text shortened]... cs. Jebus.

And stop blaming obama for all things related to the economy ffs...what a joke.
    wanna lick my frosting?
  14. silicon valley
    Moves
    20 Oct '10 16:39
    my god zeebs. YOU complained that obama lied to you by saying the stimulus package would keep unemployment below 8% and said because it's at 10%, that must mean he lied.

Well, as you can see if you even grasped half of the article, unemployment went higher because no one is hiring the people that get laid off, something that obviously wasn't part of obama ...[text shortened]... top blaming (or give credit) to any administration for the behaviour of market participants.
    are you nuts? when did i say obama lied about the stimulus?

you been drinking too much of the "Bush Lied" kool-aid.
  15. silicon valley
    Moves
    20 Oct '10 16:40

if you cut taxes enough the govt will stop spending so much. eventually. one way or the other.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree