Why US employment is high

Why US employment is high

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
20 Oct 10
1 edit

Originally posted by zeeblebot
if you cut taxes enough the govt will stop spending so much. eventually. one way or the other.
Then why not just spend more and more on the same principle? Why not give everyone making >$250k a $50k check? It would certainly stimulate the economy and eventually it will impoverish government to the point where it cannot afford to start wars abroad. That alone would have saved us a TRILLION dollars the last 10 years. So yeah, cut the checks - who cares whether a bunch of cowardly children will live to old age saddled with massive debt - I'll get mine now and I will never have to pay it back!

T

Moves
30 Oct 10

Originally posted by no1marauder
That's preposterous; businesses can never be sure what tax rates are going to be. And businesses hired when tax rates were far higher than they are now.
Go talk to some other business owners, if you know any.

T

Moves
30 Oct 10

"Anti-business"?? What a laugh. Obama negotiated with business as to the content of health care reform. And he's proposed and signed numerous tax cuts for businesses: http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2010/09/10/fact-sheet-president-obama-has-signed-eight-small-business-tax-cuts-law-
Yeah, and how many waivers have been issued for companies to get out of his health care fiasco, even if only for a year? If Obama's health care "reform" is so great, why would ANYONE need a waiver to avoid it?

"Tax credits for hiring unemployed workers" lol

I can't believe anyone would buy the White House spin.

Obama talked about giving a $2,500 tax credit to companies to hire someone. Who the hell is going to hire someone at a cost of $75 grand a year (if you pay them a $50K salary) in order to get a $2,500 tax credit.

Do you even know why companies hire people in the first place?

T

Moves
30 Oct 10

"Anti-business"?? What a laugh. Obama negotiated with business as to the content of health care reform. And he's proposed and signed numerous tax cuts for businesses: http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2010/09/10/fact-sheet-president-obama-has-signed-eight-small-business-tax-cuts-law-
Oh, btw, if you're correct, then the massive hiring should start just about any day now

K

Germany

Moves
30 Oct 10

Originally posted by TheBloop
Oh, btw, if you're correct, then the massive hiring should start just about any day now
Unless the double dip happens, unemployment will drop significantly in the following two years, employment always lags behind in an economic recovery or downturn.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
30 Oct 10

Originally posted by TheBloop
Go talk to some other business owners, if you know any.
Go talk to someone who isn't a rabid, right wing nut.

If you know any.