1. Pepperland
    Moves
    26 Jul '10 16:53
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    How many more years of US occupation, hundreds of billions of dollars wasted and tens of thousands of deaths are necessary in Afghanistan before your bloodlust for vengeance is satisfied?
    ...hundreds of billions of dollars wasted..

whatever happened to hugh's support for a more financially responsible government...
  2. silicon valley
    Moves
    26 Jul '10 22:24
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper

Don't be surprised if Wikileaks gets shut down and/or it's founder gets arrested.
    would London do that?
  3. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '10 00:17
    How many more years of US occupation, hundreds of billions of dollars wasted and tens of thousands of deaths are necessary in Afghanistan before your bloodlust for vengeance is satisfied?
    Actually you are right.. I am tired of this, just as you are...how do we bring them home now?
    I remember what happen in cambodia when we pulled out, and I pray it isn't like that again, or we have learned notta...
    can we police the world,, no.
    Protect ourselves,, maybe.
  4. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    27 Jul '10 00:311 edit
    So you haven't even looked at them, but YOU KNOW that the files released put NATO lives at risk?

Who's the "retard"?
    You know, that's actually quite funny.

I distinctly remember you calling me names like "retard" when I said they had at least one RPG in that helicopter attack.

Then your hero, Ethan McCord said when he arrived on the scene, "I saw an RPG next to one of the men and an AK47.

I distinctly remember you calling me names like "retard" when I said the Apaches were called in because the patrol was taking fire from that area.

Your hero confirmed it.

I distinctly remember you calling me names like "retard" when I said Iraqis don't just go around carrying RPG out in the open, especially right next to a fire fight.

Your hero said: You just don’t walk around with an RPG in Iraq, especially three blocks away from a firefight

I distinctly remember you calling me names like "retard" when I said shooting the van was a gray area.

And then your hero said: "Now, as far as rules of engagement, [Iraqis] are not supposed to pick up the wounded. But they could have been easily deterred from doing what they were doing by just firing simply a few warning shots in the direction…"

Einstein, point blank I know what the hell I'm talking about. We have burn barrels on all of our fobs so we can burn ALL paperwork that even remotely pertains to our duties and operations. Why? Because the insurgents dig through our freaking garbage to try to find useful information. But yeah, sure, it's remotely possible that 90,000 CLASSIFIED documents won't contain anything useful to them.
  5. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '10 00:34

I distinctly remember you calling me names like "retard" when I said they had at least one RPG in that helicopter attack.

Then your hero, Ethan McCord said when he arrived on the scene, "I saw an RPG next to one of the men and an AK47.

I distinctly remember you calling me names like "retard" ...[text shortened]... e that 90,000 CLASSIFIED documents won't contain anything useful to them.
    breath deep soldier, and look in the upper left hand corner of any of his posts,,, there is a buffoon pictured there, that fits the guy like a glove...
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Jul '10 01:40

I distinctly remember you calling me names like "retard" ...[text shortened]... e that 90,000 CLASSIFIED documents won't contain anything useful to them.
    You're still defending the murder of those journalists?

Well, you're consistent; consistently brainwashed. Thankfully there are people like those who run Wikileaks who are willing to bring the truth to the American people.

A "rule of engagement" that says you may kill civilians for coming to the aid of wounded is a war crime.
  7. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    27 Jul '10 01:56

Well, you're consistent; consistently brainwashed. Thankfully there are people like those who run Wikileaks who are willing to bring the truth to the American people.

A "rule of engagement" that says you may kill civilians for coming to the aid of wounded is a war crime.
    I'm mostly pointing multiple examples of how I tried to explain to you the way things are in Iraq while you insulted my intelligence, mocked my so called "expertise" and insisted you knew better than my stupid assertions......

Only to prop up this Ethan guy as a true hero - who in turn repeated almost everything I'd been telling you verbatim. It's freaking hilarious. And oh, I forgot one. Remember when you mocked my claim that carrying around an RPG is a good way to get shot and the Iraqis know it? Yep, he confirmed that as well.
  8. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    27 Jul '10 09:44
    Originally posted by whodey
    How is measuing how much of the country and indication of how powerful they have become?

It reminds me of all the claims about the Viet Cong were beaten back and the supposide beaten foe then launched the now famous Tet Offensive.

I would say that half arsed political wars like Korea and Vietnam should be shining examples of what not to do. You don't p ...[text shortened]... the arse. In fact, now Korea and Vietnam are armed to the hilt as a result of what the US did.
    "it reminds me of all the claims about the Viet Cong were beaten back and the supposide beaten foe then launched the now famous Tet Offensive."-whodey

The Tet offensive was a military failure for the North Vietnamese.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Jul '10 17:54
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    "it reminds me of all the claims about the Viet Cong were beaten back and the supposide beaten foe then launched the now famous Tet Offensive."-whodey

[b] The Tet offensive was a military failure for the North Vietnamese.
    [/b]
    Actually it accomplished exactly what it was intended to do which is to show the American people and decision makers that the war could not be won. Giap did not seriously think he could militarily defeat the US but he didn't need to; he only had to make sure that the US couldn't defeat him. Tet showed that in spades.
  10. Pepperland
    Moves
    27 Jul '10 18:00

well the problem being that the truth is not only available to the american people, but to anyone who's interested. The potential damage to national security is enormous, this shouldn't be ignored even if there was a noble motive for the leak.
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Jul '10 18:06
    I hope Stormtrooper has had a chance to actually peruse the materials in the NYTimes as I have; if he has bothered to he'd see that they reveal nothing of military importance that the Taliban don't already know. Both the NYT and Wikileaks are deleting names of informants so that red herring is gone.

There's a lot of information about civilian killings that has been suppressed. There's information about Taliban military capability that has been denied or understated (for example, a helicopter was shot down and 7 soldiers killed by the insurgents using a missile but since they aren't supposed to have such things according to the official line the press report claimed it was downed because of either "bad weather" or "small arms fire"😉. This type of misinformation and lies is typical when the government is trying to hoodwink the public into continuing to support a military fiasco.

Some of the stuff was unintentionally funny; a bunch of aid money was given to a group to open an orphanage and a big opening ceremony was held with a lot of US officials crowing about it. The next note concerning it says that inspection of the premises showed that while the owners were claiming 102 orphans were housed there (presumably paid for by US taxpayers) actually only 30 lived there. A few months later, the orphanage was abandoned and the aid money disappeared. Another brilliant "Hearts and Minds" campaign successfully implemented.

It's an interesting idea anyway; I can see General StormTrooper announcing at a press conference: "Sure we bombed their village and killed all their parents ............................... but look at the nice orphanage we built them!"
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Jul '10 18:09
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    well the problem being that the truth is not only available to the american people, but to anyone who's interested. The potential damage to national security is enormous, this shouldn't be ignored even if there was a noble motive for the leak.
    I suggest you read the articles; there's nothing there that will cause "enormous damage" to national security. Names of informants have been redacted. Nothing there will be a surprise to the Taliban; a lot will be surprising to the American people who have been deliberately deceived.
  13. silicon valley
    Moves
    27 Jul '10 21:39
    I suggest you read the articles; there's nothing there that will cause "enormous damage" to national security. Names of informants have been redacted. Nothing there will be a surprise to the Taliban; a lot will be surprising to the American people who have been deliberately deceived.
    like in what way?
  14. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    28 Jul '10 00:07
    I hope Stormtrooper has had a chance to actually peruse the materials in the NYTimes as I have; if he has bothered to he'd see that they reveal nothing of military importance that the Taliban don't already know. Both the NYT and Wikileaks are deleting names of informants so that red herring is gone.

There's a lot of information about civ ...[text shortened]... nts ............................... but look at the nice orphanage we built them!"
    no1, seriously, how are you Wikileaks or the NYTs even qualified to determine what information is usable and what is not, or what possible impact it can have?
  15. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    28 Jul '10 00:36
    enormous damage?
    is one life just damage...what score do you put on that?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree