1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Aug '17 19:36
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    Let me illustrate this apparently difficult point with an example.

Suppose that (using hypothetical numbers) I can build a solar panel for $1000, and it yields $100 worth of electricity per year. Now I use these proceeds over 20 years to purchase $1000 worth of dildos as well as recouping my initial investment. Did the dildos "pay for themselves"? N ...[text shortened]... of the wall).

How much of your paycheck would you be willing to give up to pay for this wall?
    Your obsession with dildos aside, you can use the money to pay off the debt incurred to build the wall

Naturally, you would want to buy dildos instead, which helps explain why Congress is $20 trillion plus in debt.

Sex maniacs.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Aug '17 19:38
    Originally posted by @finnegan
    I identified two issues.

Firtly, paying down debt would suck demand out of the economy - a neat inversion of what Obama's administration attempted, destroying jobs in the way Obama created or protected jobs.

Secondly, it is important to understand the relevance of how borrowed money is spent. You may welcome foreign wars as much as you wish but ...[text shortened]... th the return on investment in - for example - scientific research or education? You tell me.
    To be clear, you don't care how much is spent on the Nanny state cuz it's all good and no amount of debt is bothersome.

I understand your fixation on reducing the US military.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    25 Aug '17 20:11
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Your obsession with dildos aside, you can use the money to pay off the debt incurred to build the wall

Naturally, you would want to buy dildos instead, which helps explain why Congress is $20 trillion plus in debt.

Sex maniacs.
    You can use any revenue to pay off the debt incurred to build the wall. Any possibility the state has to collect revenue from building solar farms isn't dependent on constructing a wall.

Speaking of which, how much would you be willing to pay from your paycheck in order to construct this wall you desire so greatly?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Aug '17 20:44
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    You can use any revenue to pay off the debt incurred to build the wall. Any possibility the state has to collect revenue from building solar farms isn't dependent on constructing a wall.

Speaking of which, how much would you be willing to pay from your paycheck in order to construct this wall you desire so greatly?
    So there is no revenue in solar panels.

Got it.

As for how much I'm willing to pay out of my paycheck to get it, that's not how government works. We are led to believe that to have government spending they need government revenue. Instead, they just print it out of thin air. Revenue has no bearing on the spending in DC, so it's a false narrative.
  5. Germany
    Moves
    25 Aug '17 21:02
    Originally posted by @whodey
    So there is no revenue in solar panels.

Got it.

As for how much I'm willing to pay out of my paycheck to get it, that's not how government works. We are led to believe that to have government spending they need government revenue. Instead, they just print it out of thin air. Revenue has no bearing on the spending in DC, so it's a false narrative.
    There may be revenue in solar panels, but said revenue is not enhanced significantly by constructing a wall next to the solar panels. I don't know how to explain it in terms simple enough for you to understand.

The notion that government revenue has no bearing on government spending is idiotic even by your standards.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree