1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    22 May '18 13:56
    There have been 20 school shootings in 22 weeks. Even more disturibing:

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-many-mass-shootings-in-america-this-year-2018-2

There have been 101 total mass shootings since 2018 began.

Not 101 people shot; 101 MASS shootings. The year isn't even halfway through.

Is it possible that we all have become numb to these horrific events? I'm deathly afraid of a country that can read "School shooting" and just ignore it as if it were an ad in a Facebook feed.

Think about how numb we are to Donald Trump lying. The phrase "Trump lied" incites zero reaction...even though this is absolutely abnormal to have such a frequent and blatant liar office. Yet, we're used to it. I don't think anyone even cares any more. And I'm pretty sure we've either become or are becoming that way toward mass shootings.

It seems that the only mass shootings we care about any more are those involving children. Nothing is more abhorrent than murdering children; but I think even the shock of this has long wore off.

Remember Sandy Hook? Remember how you felt when you heard 5 and 5 year olds were murdered in a hail of bullets? Don't ever forget that feeling. Don't let yourself have any less revulsion, outrage and sadness for all the high school students murdered this year.

Dear God, though you clearly don't exist if you'd let children be slaughtered, please don't let another one of these happen. If they do, may we NEVER get used to mass shootings.
  2. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    22 May '18 14:52
    Originally posted by @vivify

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-many-mass-shootings-in-america-this-year-2018-2

Is it possible that we all have become numb to th ...[text shortened]... ase don't let another one of these happen. If they do, may we NEVER get used to mass shootings.
    Of course we get numb to things as they become more and more common. How many hundreds of thousands of people are arrested per year for driving under the influence in the US? People don't even discuss drunk driving like its an epidemic. At least we still feel school shootings is a problem and we should do something.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    22 May '18 16:03

Is it possible that we all have become numb to th ...[text shortened]... ase don't let another one of these happen. If they do, may we NEVER get used to mass shootings.
    no.
    until you take out money from politics, the NRA will continue to buy whores in congress and while those whores do what the NRA pays them to do, you won't ever pass meaningful gun legislation and the mass shootings will continue.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 May '18 16:23
    Originally posted by @zahlanzi
    no.
    until you take out money from politics, the NRA will continue to buy whores in congress and while those whores do what the NRA pays them to do, you won't ever pass meaningful gun legislation and the mass shootings will continue.
    Taking money out of politics?

You mean like taking water out of ice?

LOL.

No, what you mean is taking money out of politics that is not from sources you like.
  5. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    22 May '18 16:29
    Originally posted by @zahlanzi
    no.
    I don't support the NRA but your continual criticism of them buying support is unprincipled. You never have similar criticism of the exchange of votes for support of issues you endorse.
  6. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    22 May '18 16:55

If Mr. President says arming teachers, janitors, hall monitors, counselors, stink beetles, ex cons, skunk cabbage, boy scouts, and most forms of plant life is the answer to our problems, then IT IS. This is Trump Country. Get on board or face deportation Mister! 😠
  7. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    22 May '18 17:351 edit
    An incisive truth: (Well-stated by vivify)

"Remember Sandy Hook? Remember how you felt when you heard 5(sic) and 5 year olds were murdered in a hail of bullets? Don't ever forget that feeling. Don't let yourself have any less revulsion, outrage and sadness for all the high school students murdered this year."

Theodore Roosevelt used to implore himself to "Get action!"
    And so must we, the silent majority of the United States.
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    23 May '18 09:09
    Originally posted by @quackquack
    I don't support the NRA but your continual criticism of them buying support is unprincipled. You never have similar criticism of the exchange of votes for support of issues you endorse.
    i am sure you have proof of me supporting corporate money for even a single issue and you will present it here, you lying liar who lies a lot.
  9. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    23 May '18 09:542 edits
    NVM
  10. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    23 May '18 11:50

"Think about how numb we are to Donald Trump lying."

You do know school shootings were occurring BEFORE Trump right?
    Stupid liberals! always distorting facts!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree