1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    19 Sep '16 15:061 edit
    It now seems at least somewhat likely that international Islamic terror groups have played a role in the recent attacks in NY, NJ and Minnesota. These small scale attacks by individuals don't seem capable of inflicting a large amount of damage. But could groups who believe in a religious mandate to wage Jihad against the Great Satan be contriving to get get Trump elected as a recruiting maneuver to broaden the perhaps waning war with the west?

Remember, many of these religious nut jobs don't fear death or the physical destruction of their infrastructure.

If small scale attacks like this continuously occur until election day, it could mean a strong boost for Trump.
  2. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    19 Sep '16 16:592 edits
    But could groups who believe in a religious mandate to wage Jihad against the Great Satan be contriving to get get Trump elected as a recruiting maneuver to broaden the perhaps waning war with the west?

Yes and No. I think these groups want Trump elected, but not as recruiting maneuver. They want Trump as President because they know (unlike Hillary) Trump has little knowledge of the inner workings of these terror organizations, and they would feel safer dealing with an idiot as President. Trump talks tough about terror, but has no experience in dealing with it, he's had the luxury of sitting on the sidelines and criticizing others. Hillary, on the other hand would be better informed, more experienced, and therefor greater danger for terrorists, just ask Osama Bin Laden (what's left of him!)
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Sep '16 17:01
    Originally posted by mchill
    But could groups who believe in a religious mandate to wage Jihad against the Great Satan be contriving to get get Trump elected as a recruiting maneuver to broaden the perhaps waning war with the west?

Yes and No. I think at least some of these groups want Trump elected, but not as recruiting maneuver. They want Trump as President because they know (unlik ...[text shortened]... llary, on the other hand would be a better informed, and therefor greater danger for terrorists.
    Hillary knows the inner workings of ISIS like she does the inner workings of the internet.

Hilarious.
  4. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    19 Sep '16 17:53
    Originally posted by whodey
    Hillary knows the inner workings of ISIS like she does the inner workings of the internet.

Hilarious.
    You too sir, have had the luxury of sitting on the sidelines, criticizing others. So, how would you deal with today's terror threats?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Sep '16 18:34
    You too sir, have had the luxury of sitting on the sidelines, criticizing others. So, how would you deal with today's terror threats?
    I would not refuse to say the words "Islamic terrorism".

Neither would I be bringing Syrians into the US in great numbers without properly vetting them.

That would be a wonderful start.
  6. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    19 Sep '16 19:00
    Originally posted by whodey
    I would not refuse to say the words "Islamic terrorism".

Neither would I be bringing Syrians into the US in great numbers without properly vetting them.

That would be a wonderful start.
    Now that you've started, would you care to finish??
  7. Germany
    Moves
    19 Sep '16 20:50
    Originally posted by sh76
    It now seems at least somewhat likely that international Islamic terror groups have played a role in the recent attacks in NY, NJ and Minnesota. These small scale attacks by individuals don't seem capable of inflicting a large amount of damage. But could groups who believe in a religious mandate to wage Jihad against the Great Satan be contriving to get get Tru ...[text shortened]... attacks like this continuously occur until election day, it could mean a strong boost for Trump.
    I think Trump absolutely benefits from acts of Islamist terrorism on US soil. However, you are reading too much into it if you think this is part of some organized campaign to get Trump elected (even though Trump's election would obviously benefit terror groups). Islamic terrorists are usually loners and idiots who are inspired and legitimized by being perceived as a significant threat to Western society.
  8. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    07 Oct '16 08:44
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I think Trump absolutely benefits from acts of Islamist terrorism on US soil. However, you are reading too much into it if you think this is part of some organized campaign to get Trump elected (even though Trump's election would obviously benefit terror groups). Islamic terrorists are usually loners and idiots who are inspired and legitimized by being perceived as a significant threat to Western society.
    The relevant organized campaign is not in the acts of terror so much (they have their own agenda) as in the media representation of these, as though the mightiest, continent sized power on the planet should tremble in fear at the bogeyman of their infantile nightmares. As Clinton and Trump heroically flex their anti terror muscles, a grateful American electorate digs deep into its pockets to fund another surge in military and security related spending, while allowing the civil rights of its own citizens to wash downstream.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Oct '16 14:22
    Now that you've started, would you care to finish??
    How about not going into placed like Libya and creating an ISIS stronghold?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree