1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 15:06
    @kazetnagorra said
    1) Saying "the science" validates a theory and that there is "scientific consensus" are one and the same thing. Scientists are only people, they are not infallible, but who better to judge the science than scientists themselves?

2) And unless and until those "bright bulbs" do such a thing, laymen would be well-advised to trust the scientific consensus. After all, you as a layman are not in a position to judge which of the dissenters are on to something.
    We do NOT have a scientific consensus that says man is the main cause of global warming. You would have to poll all climate scientists to determine the consensus and that has NEVER been done.
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 15:14
    @xyyz said
    Do you realize that this '100% false' report is from the Trump admin.? The people he has hand picked to be his closest advisors are now in a total state of disarray, the people with ties to Trump who are not already in jail, that is. And Trump is the reason for this confusion, not the news or his detractors, Trump and Trump alone.
    Do you realize that ice core samples prove temperatures caused CO2 levels to rise?
    Do you realize that climate models are a "guess"? Guesses are not science. Do you realize that?
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 15:20
    @deepthought said
    I wouldn't bother, he thinks he's a free thinker because he gets all his information from Breibart, Russia Today, and Climate Change Denial websites. I've basically stopped contributing to threads on climate change in the science forum because of his toxic presence.
    I get my information from climate scientists and retired climate scientists like S. Fred Singer and you know it. You are just holding a grudge because I exposed you as a liar when debating this subject on the science forum. Now you are lying again. I have not posted a Breitbart link to prove anything to you that I recall.
    It is quite pathetic that you have to make stuff up.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 15:40
    @metal-brain said
    We do NOT have a scientific consensus that says man is the main cause of global warming. You would have to poll all climate scientists to determine the consensus and that has NEVER been done.
    We do, and we did, as has been pointed out to you ad nauseam.
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 15:54
    @kazetnagorra said
    We do, and we did, as has been pointed out to you ad nauseam.
    Then stop falsely claiming there is a consensus. False claims are why alarmists come across as chicken little morons. Take Andrew Light for example. He falsely claimed "Hurricanes Irma and Maria were the result of human-driven climate change."

https://www.engadget.com/2018/11/27/climate-change-fourth-national-assessment-global-warming-trump/?yptr=yahoo

Hurricanes are fueled by the contrast between warm water and a colder upper atmosphere. It is the cycle of evaporation and condensation both that cause hurricanes.

Warming alone does not fuel hurricanes. It is a myth. There is actually evidence that more hurricanes form in cooler climates. There is also no evidence they are getting stronger.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Hurricane_of_1780

As long as morons like Andrew Light keep lying to people, alarmists will be regarded as "science deniers". Set your own morons straight if you want to be taken seriously. They are making you all look stupid!
  6. Germany
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 15:55
    @metal-brain said
    Then stop falsely claiming there is a consensus. False claims are why alarmists come across as chicken little morons. Take Andrew Light for example. He falsely claimed "Hurricanes Irma and Maria were the result of human-driven climate change."

https://www.engadget.com/2018/11/27/climate-change-fourth-national-assessment-global-warming-trump/?yptr=yahoo

Hurricanes ar ...[text shortened]... Set your own morons straight if you want to be taken seriously. They are making you all look stupid!
    There is a consensus as has been pointed out and explained to you ad nauseam.
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 16:04
    @kazetnagorra said
    There is a consensus as has been pointed out and explained to you ad nauseam.
    Remind us all of what percentage of climate scientists were sent e-mails, what percentage responded and how they conducted their e-mail search.

There are polls and there are real polls. You would think an alleged billion dollar problem would demand a proper poll.
    e-mails? Please....you have heard of a spam folder, right?

Funny how government can afford to fund climate scientists but not a decent poll to know a proper consensus of them.
  8. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    29 Nov '18 22:15
    @metal-brain said
    When you lie you should be exposed for it. I didn't attack you, I exposed you for lying. I realize some people resent me for revealing the truth and exposing them for lying (deepthought is good example), but I am not responsible for other people resorting to lies.

You brought it on yourself just like deepthought did. Deal with it.
    Remind me, what am I meant to have lied about?
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    30 Nov '18 08:51
    @deepthought said
    Remind me, what am I meant to have lied about?
    Ice sheets don't float. Sea ice floats.

https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/science/is-this-a-verifiable-claim.177012/page-19
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Nov '18 14:30
    @Metal-Brain

And of course he didn't know that, a Phd in physics.

You are out of your depth, way beyond your pay grade.

It seems to me you must be on SOMEBODY'S payroll because of your insistence there is no human involvement in global warming.

Like that assshole senator taking in a scoop of snow and then asking where is the warming?
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    30 Nov '18 15:31
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain

And of course he didn't know that, a Phd in physics.

You are out of your depth, way beyond your pay grade.

It seems to me you must be on SOMEBODY'S payroll because of your insistence there is no human involvement in global warming.

Like that assshole senator taking in a scoop of snow and then asking where is the warming?
    Know what? What are you talking about?
  12. Germany
    Moves
    30 Nov '18 15:381 edit
    @metal-brain said
    Remind us all of what percentage of climate scientists were sent e-mails, what percentage responded and how they conducted their e-mail search.

There are polls and there are real polls. You would think an alleged billion dollar problem would demand a proper poll.

Funny how government can afford to fund climate scientists but not a decent poll to know a proper consensus of them.
    The polling procedures and the overwhelming evidence for a consensus among climate scientists have been pointed out to you ad nauseam.
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 00:11
    @kazetnagorra said
    The polling procedures and the overwhelming evidence for a consensus among climate scientists have been pointed out to you ad nauseam.
    Remind us all of what percentage of climate scientists were sent e-mails, what percentage responded and how they conducted their e-mail search. YOU DO NOT WANT TO ANSWER BECAUSE IT IS VERY LOW.

OMITTING THE INDIFFERENT IS PATHETIC. FAIR POLLS DO NOT OMIT THE INDIFFERENT. furthermore, how do we know certain people conducting the poll didn't call up like minded climate scientists and tell them to check their spam folder?

IT NEEDS TO BE DONE BY MAIL AND FOLLOWED UP BY PHONE CONTACT. Maybe even going to the person's house. It would be best to get every opinion possible , right? You don't oppose that do you?

YOU ARE NOT AFRAID OF IMPROVED POLLS ARE YOU?
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 00:56
    @metal-brain said
    We do.
    And there is no need to poll all climate scientists.

You think when there is consensus among a population each one has to have a vote?
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 00:59
    @metal-brain said
    Do you realize that climate models are a "guess"? Guesses are not science. Do you realize that?
    A guess?
    Don't be ridiculous, they are based on physical processes.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree