Women in the military

Women in the military

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
08 Jun 10

Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
After many years in the military, I don't.

Women are allowed in all MOS's except for combat arms, like infantrymen. They also have separate physical fitness requirements. My mother-in-law was active duty military during the Vietnam era, and from what she's said sexual harassment was a big problem back then.

But in this day and age it's far, ...[text shortened]... erything they can to exaggerate the problem make it difficult to have a real conversation.
Well, men and women in the military are for the most part college aged boys and girls.

To some extent, the military diminishes some of the moronic tendencies of young men, or at least controls them. If it did not, the average military barrack would resemble a frat house.

Still young males away from home, engaging in locker room chatter and stories of what Jodie is doing to their girlfriend or wife isn't conducive to a great attitude for service women they encounter.