1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Jan '17 07:35
    Who would benefit?
    Who would lose?

Do the Powerful (US, Russia, China, UK, Germany, France ... et c.)
    have any incentive to want want world peace when their economies
    are dependant on it?

Do any existing "powers" want a United Far East?
    Or a United Africa?
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Jan '17 07:39
    Countries all typically benefit from peace. A few economies benefit from war elsewhere.
    Regimes however are another matter. War is a good way to scare the population into following a leader and not focusing on other problems.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Jan '17 08:06
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Countries all typically benefit from peace. A few economies benefit from war elsewhere.
    Regimes however are another matter. War is a good way to scare the population into following a leader and not focusing on other problems.
    I agree.
    My question should have addressed the powerful in those countries.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Jan '17 11:33
    I must say that I often get annoyed by the argument that military expenditure creates jobs and thus it is not all that bad. The reality is that any such expenditure uses money that could be better spent elsewhere and is just as capable of creating more useful jobs. Yet people seem to buy the argument hook line and sinker.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Jan '17 23:151 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Who would benefit?
    Who would lose?

Do the Powerful (US, Russia, China, UK, Germany, France ... et c.)
    have any incentive to want want world peace when their economies
    are dependant on it?

Do any existing "powers" want a United Far East?
    Or a United Africa?
    Who would benefit? Those who have a strong enough military to force their will.

Who would lose? The defenseless.
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    24 Jan '17 23:23
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    A few economies benefit from war elsewhere.
    Agree to a point.
    Just as our economy has seen temporarily "benefit" from debt, now that the debt is quite possibly coming to roost, there is a potential societal collapse borne out on such a system, as a war-mongering country we are facing similar inevitable destruction if we do not change course and quickly.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree