1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '18 16:461 edit
    @kazetnagorra said
    Yes he can - during the next elections, parliament groups will put forward their candidates and people can vote accordingly.
    No he can’t! He is “nominated” by the council and “elected” by the parliament. Neither process involved the public in any way. He has no local constituency like UK MPs do. How many times do I need to tell you this. He’s a eurocrat, a rider of the gravy train like the rest of them. Do you think that if you keep telling me that Junker is elected by the public that somehow it will miraculously become true.
  2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    22 Dec '18 16:48
    @divegeester said
    This is so fecking boring. Same old crap week in week out.
    Well, just accept that brexit is moronic and destroys a lot more than it gains.

And that I’m a happy camper watching you all drown in pig faeces.

Obviously you’re still welcome to pop by (I never let politics get in the way of a drink).
    😉
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '18 16:53
    @shavixmir said

Obviously you’re still welcome to pop by (I never let politics get in the way of a drink).
    😉
    Every brexiter is aware that there will be a transition cost, no one denies that. Freedom from the clutches of the european political octopus is worth it in our opinion and besides the UK rise back to maintain its position in the world as you slip into your eurocratic dictatorship. I will personally open an expensive bottle of champers on the day we leave.You don’t mind if we drink beer when I come over do you?
  4. Germany
    Moves
    22 Dec '18 16:58
    @divegeester said
    No he can’t! He is “nominated” by the council and “elected” by the parliament. Neither process involved the public in any way. He has no local constituency like UK MPs do. How many times do I need to tell you this. He’s a eurocrat, a rider of the gravy train like the rest of them. Do you think that if you keep telling me that Junker is elected by the public that somehow it will miraculously become true.
    How do you imagine EP members get there, if not through an election involving the public?
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    22 Dec '18 16:58
    @divegeester said
    Every brexiter is aware that there will be a transition cost, no one denies that. Freedom from the clutches of the european political octopus is worth it in our opinion and besides the UK rise back to maintain its position in the world as you slip into your eurocratic dictatorship. I will personally open an expensive bottle of champers on the day we leave.You don’t mind if we drink beer when I come over do you?
    Not at all, I do prefer wine though!
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '18 17:081 edit
    @kazetnagorra said
    How do you imagine EP members get there, if not through an election involving the public?
    You’re just being obtuse. Junker or any EU President cannot be unelected by the public no matter what happens. Under no circumstances. Junker holds no publically elected position from which he can be unseated through public deselection. He is unaccountable to the public in any way. The public have no say in his position in the EU parliament once he is President.

Is it getting through or are you again going to repeat your same old rif about him being the same as the UK prime minister. This wall of deliberate pretence at not understanding the objection I’m making just underlines why people like me are pissed off with the EU.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '18 17:10
    @shavixmir said
    Not at all, I do prefer wine though!
    One beer to start then red with the pasta and port with the cheese...?
  8. Germany
    Moves
    22 Dec '18 17:39
    @divegeester said
    You’re just being obtuse. Junker or any EU President cannot be unelected by the public no matter what happens. Under no circumstances. Junker holds no publically elected position from which he can be unseated through public deselection. He is unaccountable to the public in any way. The public have no say in his position in the EU parliament once he is President.

Is it ...[text shortened]... nderstanding the objection I’m making just underlines why people like me are pissed off with the EU.
    Here's a circumstance: the EPP puts him forward as a candidate again, and the EPP does not win a plurality of the vote.
  9. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    22 Dec '18 17:50
    @divegeester said
    One beer to start then red with the pasta and port with the cheese...?
    You got me at cheese
  10. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Dec '18 16:56
    @divegeester said
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/dec/21/jean-claude-juncker-women-behaviour-grotesque-ghastly-amber-rudd-daily-telegraph-interview

Never mind his grotesque salary and the increase he recently had to boost his pension when he steps down, he’s also “grotesque toward women”. Nothing would surprise me with this awful man.
    Still better than Boris, Jacob, and Theresa.

Leave, already, if our presence pains you so much.
  11. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Dec '18 16:57
    @divegeester said
    You guys should vote him out... err oh yeah, you can’t.
    You should vote Boris and Jacob out... oh yeah, you can't.
  12. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Dec '18 17:00
    @kazetnagorra said
    In fact, Juncker was put forward as a candidate by the EPP before the elections. Every informed voter was aware that an EPP plurality would mean that Juncker would head the Commission. He was elected by voters who supported the EPP in large numbers. Deal with it.
    He can't deal with it. He's English. The English are innately incapable of understanding the difference between democracy and feudalism; that's why they love the latter so much.
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Dec '18 18:42
    @divegeester said
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/dec/21/jean-claude-juncker-women-behaviour-grotesque-ghastly-amber-rudd-daily-telegraph-interview

Never mind his grotesque salary and the increase he recently had to boost his pension when he steps down, he’s also “grotesque toward women”. Nothing would surprise me with this awful man.
    Not as grotesque as cutting the funding to Sure Start Centres, Women's Refuge Centres, Emergency Housing and the rest of Social Services. All these thing disproportionately effect woman, particularly the most vulnerable woman.

Amber Rudd needs to take a long look in the mirror.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Dec '18 17:11
    @shavixmir said

😉
    You're sitting aboard the deck of the Titanic sir and mocking the chaps who are escaping in the lifeboat.

We can handle a few waves...
  15. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Dec '18 22:18
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    You're sitting aboard the deck of the Titanic sir and mocking the chaps who are escaping in the lifeboat.

We can handle a few waves...
    It's your own ship you've scuttled, darling, not ours. We're sitting on the deck of the ocean liner watching you going "oh, this is a jolly old trip" when your narrowboar is about to go keel-up. It's all very well telling us that you've sunk us and we're about to go down any day now, don't say we didn't warn you, we voted for this, you know, people's vote, you're going to sink, when in reality you have not a clue how much bigger we are than you. And you never will have, because you're still living in an era where the Titanic was a true British achievement and the glory of the Empire; while the rest of Europe has moved on from your pipe dreams.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree