“BE KIND”

“BE KIND”

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
13 Mar 20
1 edit

Last months finger-licking Facebook nausea-meme “Be Kind” which was motivated by the suicide of a celebrity TV host and proliferated by the morally and intellectually weak via their horrid profile pic updates...seems to have been replaced by “FUK YOU” as the lower-brained amongst us grapple for the last of the hand sanitiser on the shelf.

Human beings are such asholes.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
14 Mar 20

@divegeester said
Last months finger-licking Facebook nausea-meme “Be Kind” which was motivated by the suicide of a celebrity TV host and proliferated by the morally and intellectually weak via their horrid profile pic updates...seems to have been replaced by “FUK YOU” as the lower-brained amongst us grapple for the last of the hand sanitiser on the shelf.

...the lower brained won't grab for sanitizer...

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
14 Mar 20

*checks in
*sees nothing has changed
*resumes chant

Green Boots Cave

Moves
14 Mar 20

@ponderable said
...the lower brained won't grab for sanitizer...
I was told that people are ripping hand sanitisers off the walls in UK public house toilets.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
14 Mar 20

@biffo-konker said
I was told that people are ripping hand sanitisers off the walls in UK public house toilets.
But are these the low-brained or the relatively low brained people 😉

Moves
14 Mar 20

@ponderable said
But are these the low-brained or the relatively low brained people 😉
My relatives would never do that...or would they? 🤔 NAH, they're mid-brained.

Moves
14 Mar 20

@biffo-konker said
Gosh.

What did they tell about the attitude toward public house toilet hand sanitisers in other countries?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 Mar 20

@divegeester said

Like the guy who got himself banned from selling on Amazon and Ebay for hoarding and price gouging on sanitizer and other cleaning products. I heard the guy had cleared the shelves of small towns all over Kentucky and Tennessee and now sits on nearly 18,000 bottles of hand sanitizer he now can't sell online. Maybe he'll gouge his neighbors for the stuff until they come after him.

I'd be willing to let him atone for creating a panic, by donating his stash to retirement homes, homeless shelters and hospitals.

Moves
14 Mar 20
2 edits

@suzianne said
Like the guy who got himself banned from selling on Amazon and Ebay for hoarding and price gouging on sanitizer and other cleaning products. I heard the guy had cleared the shelves of small towns all over Kentucky and Tennessee and now sits on nearly 18,000 bottles of hand sanitizer he now can't sell online. Maybe he'll gouge his neighbors for the stuff until they come aft ...[text shortened]... ne for creating a panic, by donating his stash to retirement homes, homeless shelters and hospitals.
I really don’t get all this food hoarding, if you get it you will either die of it or recover in a couple of weeks, during which time your appetite will diminish as will your body’s need to evacuate food waste. So you won’t need much food or toilet paper.

People should be hoarding decongestant inhalers such Olbas oil, vitamin C supplements and bottled water.

People are idiots.

Edit: I do have a small stash of baked beans I must admit.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
14 Mar 20

I don’t get it. Maybe I should be a bit more concerned? Thought I do have a field full of egg laying chickens a half mile walk away and a dairy farm that sells milk and butter a half hour drive away.

Moves
14 Mar 20
1 edit

Moves
14 Mar 20

@drewnogal said
I don’t get it. Maybe I should be a bit more concerned? Thought I do have a field full of egg laying chickens a half mile walk away and a dairy farm that sells milk and butter a half hour drive away.
It is going to go through 80% of the UK population at least and it will either kill you or you survive with some level of immunity.

It seems that the plan is to control the infection curve so that the country is, relatively speaking, mildly messed up for a longer period rather than brought to a total standstill for a few weeks.

It’s ruined the summer of course but the vast majority of people will still be here to get on with life.

Worried about my Mum who is 82, she’s pretty fit though.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
14 Mar 20

@divegeester said
It is going to go through 80% of the UK population at least and it will either kill you or you survive with some level of immunity.

It seems that the plan is to control the infection curve so that the country is, relatively speaking, mildly messed up for a longer period rather than brought to a total standstill for a few weeks.

It’s ruined the summer of course but ...[text shortened]... will still be here to get on with life.

Worried about my Mum who is 82, she’s pretty fit though.
Yes, must be a worry for you. Hope she’ll be ok.

Moves
14 Mar 20

@drewnogal said
Yes, must be a worry for you. Hope she’ll be ok.
Thank you.

Moves
15 Mar 20

We went out yesterday to our legion for a wee dram. It amazes me that so many members seem to have, recently, visited Japan. Nobody shakes hands or hugs, they all just, politely bow.

🤔