23 Nov '15 01:10

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    23 Nov '15 01:25
    There are thousands of ways to kill an internet forum dead, but I'd give excessive posting (by one or more individuals independently) as the most favoured here. Nastiness doesn't do it because people love watching conflict. That's why sport is so popular, particularly the kind where someone gets hurt.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '15 01:48
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Oh, you have said a mean thing to me. 😲

I don't think you are nasty and twisted at all.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 Nov '15 02:01
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    There are thousands of ways to kill an internet forum dead, but I'd give excessive posting (by one or more individuals independently) as the most favoured here. Nastiness doesn't do it because people love watching conflict. That's why sport is so popular, particularly the kind where someone gets hurt.
    Why would you say that "people love watching conflict." here when daily television news coverage displays it frequently, most recently in Paris, France?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '15 02:08
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Why would you say that "people love watching conflict." here when daily television news coverage displays it frequently, most recently in Paris, France?
    Because so many "people love watching conflict." That's why Kewpie would say it. You, for instance, have started countless passive aggressive-style threads on the Spirituality Forum with the obvious intention of causing conflict ~ and I now realize that you do it on this forum too. But then again, the kind of conflict that you appear to relish often leads to threads that run and run, rather than get 'killed'. So I think Kewpie has pretty much got it right.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 Nov '15 03:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    Because so many "people love watching conflict." That's why Kewpie would say it. You, for instance, have started countless passive aggressive-style threads on the Spirituality Forum with the obvious intention of causing conflict ~ and I now realize that you do it on this forum too. But then again, the kind of conflict that you appear to relish often leads to threads that run and run, rather than get 'killed'. So I think Kewpie has pretty much got it right.
    Kewpie is more than capable of speaking for herself in lean rather than windy language
    with the thought content weighing considerably more than the weight of the words..
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '15 03:041 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Kewpie is more than capable of speaking for herself in lean rather than windy language with the thought content weighing considerably more than the weight of the words..
    You would lecture fellow posters on the use of "windy language"? That's quite funny. 😉

I'm just joining in the discussion. You spend too much time trying to micro-manage or suffocate what's going on in this community, Grampy Bobby.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 Nov '15 03:191 edit
    14. By denying reality with virtually every word you type.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree