1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Nov '15 12:48
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    31. By behaving with an inappropriate myopia and immature pettiness which focuses on the real or imagined shortcomings and faults of other people.
    This probably describes your performance on this thread quite well, although - on page 6 already - it hasn't been "killed" yet.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Nov '15 12:531 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    This probably describes your performance on this thread quite well, although - on page 6 already - it hasn't been "killed" yet.
    I think Grampy Bobby is looking for a forum utopia of unicorns and rainbows, where the posters all share his ideology and look to him for inspiration and day-to-day guidance. It's a magical cyber-place where the site owner sets up conference calls with him to listen to his ideas for improving the forums, refining the ToS and where Grampy Bobby is Chief Moderator.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Nov '15 12:57
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I think Grampy Bobby is looking for a forum utopia of unicorns and rainbows, where the posters all share his ideology and look to him for inspiration and day-to-day guidance. It's a magical cyber-place where the site owner sets up conference calls with him to listen to his ideas for improving the forums, refining the ToS and where Grampy Bobby is Chief Moderator.
    ...he also gives him licence to campaign against the stench of lying psychopaths' vomit stinking up the forum on everybody's behalf.
  4. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    22 Nov '15 14:56
    Originally posted by FMF
    divegeester indeed hit the nail on the head. Seitse's puerile and often nasty 'sense of humour' is well known, but Grampy Bobby very recently declined to condemn any of his posts, or to say which ones ought to be deleted by moderators, or nominate him for any sanctions.

Meanwhile, some of the nastiest invective seen on this forum in recent weeks ~ a rant ab ...[text shortened]... own raw humorless invective ~ always seemingly aimed at unnamed persons ~ across the forum. 🙂
    Don't worry, he has bullied the mods and site owner quite well
    already, aided by his minions, like divekeester and Lard queen.
    Proof is I got my posts challenging him removed and just got a
    PM threat of banning for questioning Grampy Bobby in any way.

I guess this site has made up its mind about what type of users
    they want to keep in order to have a lively forum.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Nov '15 14:57
    31. By behaving with an inappropriate myopia and immature pettiness which focuses on the real or imagined shortcomings and faults of other people.

Ha! telling it like it is Bobs 😀
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Nov '15 15:06
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Don't worry, he has bullied the mods and site owner quite well
    already, aided by his minions, like divekeester and Lard queen.
    Proof is I got my posts challenging him removed and just got a
    PM threat of banning for questioning Grampy Bobby in any way.

I guess this site has made up its mind about what type of users
    they want to keep in order to have a lively forum.
    Unfortunately you are one of the most unpleasant posters on this web site ~ and one who is not nearly as funny as he thinks he is ~ which makes defending your right to free speech a pretty distasteful chore that few would bother with. 🙂
  7. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    22 Nov '15 15:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    Unfortunately you are one of the most unpleasant posters on this web site ~ and one who is not nearly as funny as he thinks he is ~ which makes defending your right to free speech a pretty distasteful chore that few would bother with. 🙂
    Yeah, well, that's, like, your opinion, man. Plus all type of trash is needed
    in a cesspool for its particular fragrance to reach its perfect bouquet.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Nov '15 15:13
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Yeah, well, that's, like, your opinion, man. Plus all type of trash is needed
    in a cesspool for its particular fragrance to reach its perfect bouquet.
    Of course it's my opinion. What else would it be?
  9. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    22 Nov '15 15:29
    Originally posted by FMF
    Of course it's my opinion. What else would it be?
    A spokesperson from His Majesty The Untouchable? The ghost
    of Al Capone? Mohammed? Jim Morrison?

I don't know, I'm way too deep into stimulants to tell the difference
    between posters. So, you tell me.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Nov '15 16:19
    Thirty one (31) of "101 Ways to Kill an Internet Forum Thread" have been contributed; only 70 more to go.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Nov '15 17:21
    32. By ignoring the request on your screen below: "Please edit quoted text responsibly.
    Making modifications which misrepresent the original post will result in a forum ban."

12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Nov '15 18:39
    33. hacking the website and killing the forum
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Nov '15 19:00
    Originally posted by Silverstriker
    33. hacking the website and killing the forum
    34. By regarding the opportunity to contribute to these internet forums as a right rather than a privilege which reflects the epitome of self centered arrogance.

14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Nov '15 19:58
    Originally posted by FMF
    What utter nonsense, Grampy Bobby. Subjectivity ~ along with diversity, honesty and sincerity ~ are the absolute life blood of an online community. Posting subjectively "kills" threads? What nonsense! 😀
    Besides, it also gives you plenty of ammunition to attack other posters, as you do routinely.

So no, "subjectivity" does not kill threads. It's the way you react to their subjectivity that hijacks, and then kills, threads.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Nov '15 20:05
    34. By regarding the opportunity to contribute to these internet forums as a right rather than a privilege which reflects the epitome of self centered arrogance.
    What a warped perspective you have.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree