1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Apr '16 07:071 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    It's 3 years from 1960-1963.
    Do you really expect the series to last 3 years? Really?

I imagine there will only be enough episodes to tell the story in the book. I was guessing 8-10, myself.

EDIT: It looks like the last episode, Episode 8, aired on April 4, 2016. The funny thing is that there's a few sites out there going on about "Does anyone know when Season 2 starts?" Makes me wonder just what is wrong with some people.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Apr '16 07:111 edit
    He remained high school teacher in the series, too.
    I might order the copy via abebooks.uk.
  3. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    14 Apr '16 10:54
    Originally posted by Suzianne

I imagine there will only be enough episodes to tell the story in the book. I was guessing 8-10, myself.

EDIT: It looks like the last episode, Episode 8, aired on April 4, 2016. The funny thing is that there's a few sites out there going on about "Does anyone know when Season 2 starts?" Makes me wonder just what is wrong with some people.
    How about season 6 of Game of Thrones? There is also something wrong with people asking for it? Or season 2 and 3 of The Leftovers? Should I go on?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '16 11:05
    Don't tell me anything. It's called a "spoiler" if you do. 😛
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Apr '16 10:20
    Originally posted by Kegge
    How about season 6 of Game of Thrones? There is also something wrong with people asking for it? Or season 2 and 3 of The Leftovers? Should I go on?
    Sure go ahead, make an even bigger fool of yourself than you have already.

11.22.63 was a mini-series. Like Shogun in 1980. Like Roots in 1977.

It also told a story of a specific event in history. It took 8 episodes, but the story is done, there won't be any more. People could have figured this out going in.

Or maybe they're all like you, with no clue whatsoever.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Apr '16 10:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    Don't tell me anything. It's called a "spoiler" if you do. 😛
    Episode 9 is awesome, don't miss it.
  7. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    15 Apr '16 10:42
    Sure go ahead, make an even bigger fool of yourself than you have already.

11.22.63 was a mini-series. Like Shogun in 1980. Like Roots in 1977.

It also told a story of a specific event in history. It took 8 episodes, but the story is done, there won't be any more. People could have figured this out going in.

Or maybe they're all like you, with no clue whatsoever.
    You can not possibly be this dumb. Read your own post again dear and then mine. Or perhaps better, go back to the kitchen where you belong.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Apr '16 07:41
    You can not possibly be this dumb. Read your own post again dear and then mine. Or perhaps better, go back to the kitchen where you belong.
    She's pulling your socks. Or strømper. Or legs. Or underpants, I have to look up at (*or in) the dictionary.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Apr '16 11:54
    How about season 6 of Game of Thrones?
    April 24, 2016

Anything else?
  10. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    16 Apr '16 16:59
    April 24, 2016

Anything else?
    Okay ... why can there not be a second season of 11.22.63?
  11. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    16 Apr '16 16:59
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    She's pulling your socks. Or strømper. Or legs. Or underpants, I have to look up at (*or in) the dictionary.
    No, she isn't, she is just retarded.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Apr '16 20:172 edits
    SPOILER ALERT READ NO FURTHER IF YOU CARE:

It was good, but very predictable. I saw it coming a mile away when he saves Kennedy and comes back to a devastated world of bombed out buildings and "Kennedy Camps".

I dunno why everyone thinks JFK was a great president, he actually sort of sucked. He should have been impeached for the Bay Of Pigs fiasco, he actually expected it but the public and press were still in love with him because he and Jackie were so photogenic and he got a free pass because of his looks.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Apr '16 22:34
    Okay ... why can there not be a second season of 11.22.63?
    Because the mini-series (not an actual series) was about the events in a book. They got to the end.

What in the hell would Season 2 be about??

Might as well ask, why not a Season 2 of Roots, or Shogun? They both got to the end of the book. Tacking on more crap that the authors didn't write would be extremely bad form. If there was a "Season 2" of 11.22.63, I'd expect Stephen King to sue their pants off, because none of that extra stuff is in his book.

It's like asking why isn't there a Hobbit, Part IV, or a "second season" of Gone With the Wind.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Apr '16 22:49
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    SPOILER ALERT READ NO FURTHER IF YOU CARE:

It was good, but very predictable. I saw it coming a mile away when he saves Kennedy and comes back to a devastated world of bombed out buildings and "Kennedy Camps".

I dunno why everyone thinks JFK was a great president, he actually sort of sucked. He should have been impeached for the Bay Of Pigs fiasc ...[text shortened]... e with him because he and Jackie were so photogenic and he got a free pass because of his looks.
    Typical nonsense from a conservative.

So he sucked because he was a Democrat, is that basically what you're saying?

I thought King's entire scenario of when Jake went back to 2016 (well, 2011 in the book) after saving Kennedy to be yet another conservative fear tactic to show us all of the "dangers" of Democrat Presidents. Pure twaddle, is what it was, and the most unbelievable thing in the entire book.

Under any other President, the missiles might have started flying in October of 1962.
  15. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    17 Apr '16 13:161 edit
    Because the mini-series (not an actual series) was about the events in a book. They got to the end.

What in the hell would Season 2 be about??

Might as well ask, why not a Season 2 of Roots, or Shogun? They both got to the end of the book. Tacking on more crap that the authors didn't write would be extremely bad form. If there was a "Season 2" of ...[text shortened]... ike asking why isn't there a Hobbit, Part IV, or a "second season" of Gone With the Wind.
    Now ... How many books in the Songs of Ice and fire series have been published ... and the sixth season of Game of Thrones is based on which book do you think? Or how many books have been published in The Leftovers "series" by Tom Perrotta and how many seasons are there in the TV series ... I'll tell you: one book which was covered in season 1 and season three is in production?

So, why again are you too dumb to waste my time on?

EDIT: if they want to make a sequel to The Hobbit films they can, but it has not been done (yet). Your argument why there can not be a second season of 11.22.63 is ludicrous, proven because it does happen more seasons for tv adapation are produced of which there are no novels.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree