12 game limit

12 game limit

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d

Moves
04 Jan 15

Hi guy's, anyone know when the 12 gam3e limit will be up

Mike

Moves
04 Jan 15

When you try and start another game.

Moves
04 Jan 15

Originally posted by Trev33
When you try and start another game.
😵

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
04 Jan 15

Originally posted by dontdaremovethatking

Mike
As soon as you move your king.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
04 Jan 15

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
As soon as you move your king.
I didn't think Scotland had had a king to move in quite a while?? 😛

-m.

d

Moves
04 Jan 15

Originally posted by mikelom

-m.

You will be correct in that Scotlands last king was Englands first making everyone Scottish

r
Suzzie says Badger

is Racist Bastard

Moves
04 Jan 15

Scotland only became part of the UK because it was bankrupt.FACT

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Jan 15

Originally posted by redbadger
Scotland only became part of the UK because it was bankrupt.FACT
So basically they'd follow anyone with a fiver to spare?

How about an answer to the OP's question? (Not from you, I don't expect any answers from you. I'm throwing it out there for anyone who knows the answer.)

I wasn't aware that the number of games for unsubs had increased. Is this only for Christmas or is it going to stay?

r
Suzzie says Badger

is Racist Bastard

Moves
05 Jan 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
So basically they'd follow anyone with a fiver to spare?

How about an answer to the OP's question? (Not from you, I don't expect any answers from you. I'm throwing it out there for anyone who knows the answer.)

I wasn't aware that the number of games for unsubs had increased. Is this only for Christmas or is it going to stay?
James the 1st of England = James the 2nd of Scotland came cap in hand to England because Scotland was skint.

rc

Moves
05 Jan 15
2 edits

Originally posted by redbadger
James the 1st of England = James the 2nd of Scotland came cap in hand to England because Scotland was skint.
Badger behave yerself!

He was actually James the sixth of Scotland and he came because you had no one else of Royal decent and it was actually you who were skint!

As Elizabeth I was the last of Henry VIII's descendants, James was seen as the most likely heir to the English throne through his great-grandmother Margaret Tudor, who was Henry VIII's oldest sister.

The kingdom to which James succeeded was, however, not without its problems. Monopolies and taxation had engendered a widespread sense of grievance, and the costs of war in Ireland had become a heavy burden on the government. By the time of his succession, England had incurred a debt of £400,000.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_VI_and_I

Reading an interesting book on Thomas Cromwell at the moment. Henry VIII was not a very likeable character although he had a novel way of getting rid of wives that did not bear him any sons, or simply annoyed him.

N

Moves
05 Jan 15
2 edits

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Badger behave yerself!

He was actually James the sixth of Scotland and he came because you had no one else of Royal decent and it was actually you who were skint!

As Elizabeth I was the last of Henry VIII's descendants, James was seen as the most likely heir to the English throne through his great-grandmother Margaret Tudor, who was Henry VIII' ...[text shortened]... e had a novel way of getting rid of wives that did not bear him any sons, or simply annoyed him.
The Darien Scheme was an unsuccessful attempt by the Kingdom of Scotland to become a world trading nation by establishing a colony called "Caledonia" on the Isthmus of Panama on the Gulf of Darién in the late 1690s.
[...]
As the Darien company was backed by 25–50% of all the money circulating in Scotland; its failure left the entire Lowlands almost completely ruined, and was an important factor in weakening their resistance to the Act of Union (completed in 1707). The land where the Darien colony was built is virtually uninhabited today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darien_scheme

Of course, redbadger isn't capable of grasping the difference between "an important factor" and the only factor, or that the crowns of England and Scotland were unified over a century before the 1707 Act of Union.

On second thoughts, perhaps he did grasp the second point, as he specifically referred to Scotland becoming part of the UK.

gc

Moves
06 Jan 15

Originally posted by mikelom

-m.
bottled water and no beersies for you mike? glad to hear your making a comeback.

rc

Moves
06 Jan 15

Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
[quote]The Darien Scheme was an unsuccessful attempt by the Kingdom of Scotland to become a world trading nation by establishing a colony called "Caledonia" on the Isthmus of Panama on the Gulf of Darién in the late 1690s.
[...]
As the Darien company was backed by 25–50% of all the money circulating in Scotland; its failure left the entire Lowland ...[text shortened]... he did grasp the second point, as he specifically referred to Scotland becoming part of the UK.
I think he is perfectly capable, he simply has an excellent method of synthesising matters in a concise and direct way.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
06 Jan 15

I know there's a joke hidden here, somewhere,
involving Uncle McScrooge, deep friend mars bars,
and ugly women.

Delicious Monster...

Moves
21 Jan 15

Mike
Seems it's still ongoing, I just added game number 12 again, so Christmas until next Christmas! 😀