General Forum

General Forum

  1. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    137980
    07 Jul '16 22:35
    What the F%$K is going on in America ??
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    421688
    08 Jul '16 00:011 edit
    Originally posted by mghrn55
    What the F%$K is going on in America ??
    Yes, I saw that on the news. Looked like two of them (Police) had him held down and one of them put the gun to his chest and pulled the trigger twice. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, somone got it on video. That was one of the Black men who was killed.
    -VR
  3. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    08 Jul '16 01:51
    In Minneapolis the other day a patrolman pulled a car over for a busted tail light. A woman driver and a minor in the back seat. The man in the passenger seat told the cop he had a conceal carry permit and was armed. The cop told him not to reach for his weapon, but the guy did and the cop plugged him with four rounds. The man was black and died at the hospital.

    What is going on? How do we interpret these events? I'm not sure yet, but violence will probably continue to escalate. How much of it will be justified, and how much will not? I don't know.
  4. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    08 Jul '16 01:56
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Yes, I saw that on the news. Looked like two of them (Police) had him held down and one of them put the gun to his chest and pulled the trigger twice. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, somone got it on video. That was one of the Black men who was killed.
    -VR
    I saw it too. It looked like the cop just stood up and shot him. Apparently, from what I heard, the man was a felon and armed. Was he trying to go for his weapon? We'll see what the investigation comes up with.

    It looked like murder, but I wasn't there. The cop may have feared for his life at that moment and did as his training taught him. Hopefully the truth will come out.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    08 Jul '16 02:191 edit
    Originally posted by mghrn55
    What the F%$K is going on in America ??
    Guns need to be taken away from law enforcement.

    Gun bans fix all our ills.
  6. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    08 Jul '16 02:33
    Originally posted by whodey
    Guns need to be taken away from law enforcement.

    Gun bans fix all our ills.
    Right. Take the guns away from law abiding citizens and the police. Then those who commit gun crimes will see how compassionate we are and stop being criminals. We'd be safe and secure in our homes and communities.

    What a great idea.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    421688
    08 Jul '16 02:39
    Originally posted by whodey
    Guns need to be taken away from law enforcement.

    Gun bans fix all our ills.
    Great idea!!! Take the guns from law inforcement and the criminals will have a field day!

    You can't ban guns anyways, people are always going to have them.

    -VR
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    421688
    08 Jul '16 02:54
    Originally posted by josephw
    I saw it too. It looked like the cop just stood up and shot him. Apparently, from what I heard, the man was a felon and armed. Was he trying to go for his weapon? We'll see what the investigation comes up with.

    It looked like murder, but I wasn't there. The cop may have feared for his life at that moment and did as his training taught him. Hopefully the truth will come out.
    There were two cops, looked to me like they had him pinned pretty good including his arms. At least that is the way I saw it.

    -VR
  9. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    08 Jul '16 03:07
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    There were two cops, looked to me like they had him pinned pretty good including his arms. At least that is the way I saw it.

    -VR
    Yes. It wasn't good quality video. Too distant to see what was happening up close. The guy may have been trying to bring a gun to bear on the cop. I can't see why else the cop would just stand up and shoot him. Something's missing from the picture.

    Then again, the guy might have been telling the cop how he banged his mother and the cop snapped. If the cop murdered the man he's going down. Rightly so.
Back to Top