1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '13 18:55
    Originally posted by Tygert
    Yes I'm being serious, used to live in Canada and they used a decimal point instead of a comma. One of the things that I've always wondered is why Americans never put their dates from smallest to biggest; day, month, year.
    Of course; how slow I was on the uptake. Thank you for your respectful explanation.
    Still this wish will be the very, very, very first Happy 14th! Right? lol (13.09.12)
  2. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    12 Sep '13 18:581 edit
    Originally posted by Tygert
    Yes I'm being serious, used to live in Canada and they used a decimal point instead of a comma. One of the things that I've always wondered is why Americans never put their dates from smallest to biggest; day, month, year.
    Decimal point instead of a comma? Are we still talking about dates because you rarely see that in Canada. In fact, we use the Americanish YYYY/MM/DD system (or MM/DD/YYYY) except for in Quebec I believe.
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    12 Sep '13 19:44
    Originally posted by Zamboner
    Decimal point instead of a comma? Are we still talking about dates because you rarely see that in Canada. In fact, we use the Americanish YYYY/MM/DD system (or MM/DD/YYYY) except for in Quebec I believe.
    He could have lived in Newfoundland where the ink they use in their pens is watered down and a decimal point sometimes turns because of garvity into what can look like a comma.
    I grew up in Quebec and used the DD/MM/YY system but I thought that was throughout Canada. "What's todays date?" "It's the tenth of July, I think."
  4. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    13 Sep '13 17:471 edit
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    He could have lived in Newfoundland where the ink they use in their pens is watered down and a decimal point sometimes turns because of garvity into what can look like a comma.
    I grew up in Quebec and used the DD/MM/YY system but I thought that was throughout Canada. "What's todays date?" "It's the tenth of July, I think."
    Coincidentally, I did live in Newfoundland! In Humber Valley Resort, near Corner Brook. It's Yom Kippur now so I have to go.
  5. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    14 Sep '13 12:10
    Where I live we use the 'calendar on the wall' method' the advantage is being able to tell what day it is at glance, one drawback is the confusion that ensues if no one turns the pages over.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree