higher thought
    Do you even Aristotle?
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Dec '16 18:252 edits
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Enjoy Christmas everybody. Keep friends and family close. Give plenty of presents, not because you have to, but because you want to. Be joyful and happy. Christmas, like times of shared crisis, brings out the best in people, not the worse.

Have a good one.
    Goad,

People should be joyful and happy not only at Christmas but at all times. Not everyone can afford to give plenty of gifts. Even a card received is much appreciated, at least by me.

I ate far too much on Christmas Day! I'll be a month working off the calories I am sure! I also remembered to give to those less fortunate than myself.

-VR
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Dec '16 18:39
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Goad,

People should be joyful and happy not only at Christmas but at all times. Not everyone can afford to give plenty of gifts. Even a card received is much appreciated, at least by me.

I ate far too much on Christmas Day! I'll be a month working off the calories I am sure! I also remembered to give to those less fortunate than myself.

-VR
    Even the most joyful and happy person can not be joyful and happy all of the time. Life requires compromises and happiness often gives way to the need to go to work in order to pay the bills. Christmas gives most of us the opportunity to spend more quality time with family and friends, and that can only be a good thing. Gifts don't have to cost a fortune and often the better ones cost hardly anything at all.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Dec '16 18:45
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Even the most joyful and happy person can not be joyful and happy all of the time. Life requires compromises and happiness often gives way to the need to go to work in order to pay the bills. Christmas gives most of us the opportunity to spend more quality time with family and friends, and that can only be a good thing. Gifts don't have to cost a fortune and often the better ones cost hardly anything at all.
    Goad,

Gifts can be made, they don't always have to be bought. Not everyone is healthy enough to work!!! So even getting a card from those who are less fortunate has a lot of meaning behind it, in my opinion.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree