1. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '14 11:07
    Dear sir, i am an Aquarist. I have a fairly large aquarium of roughly 350 litres, anyhow to my point,

I recently purchased gelatine capsules size 0-0, the idea is to fill them with slow release fertilizer which has all trace elements, nitrogen, phosphorous minerals and metals etc that plants need and to submerge them near to the plants roots. My question is this and i could find no definitive answer, are gelatine capsules soluble - regards Robbie.
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    01 Feb '14 11:36
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Dear sir, i am an Aquarist. I have a fairly large aquarium of roughly 350 litres, anyhow to my point,

I recently purchased gelatine capsules size 0-0, the idea is to fill them with slow release fertilizer which has all trace elements, nitrogen, phosphorous minerals and metals etc that plants need and to submerge them near to the plants roots. M ...[text shortened]... n is this and i could find no definitive answer, are gelatine capsules soluble - regards Robbie.
    Dear Sir,

gelatine is disolving in water. Depending on parameters like pH and temperature (as well as salt seawater or freshwater) it takes differently long. The power tip would be not to fertilize too heavily.

Best regards

Ponderable
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '14 11:44
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Dear Sir,

gelatine is disolving in water. Depending on parameters like pH and temperature (as well as salt seawater or freshwater) it takes differently long. The power tip would be not to fertilize too heavily.

Best regards

Ponderable
    thank you sir, thankyou so much! My Amazon swords are thirsty for nitrates!
  4. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    02 Feb '14 06:57

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    02 Feb '14 07:00
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    The thing is, they were fish. Fish don't feel. They're not like a dog. I love dogs.
  6. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    02 Feb '14 07:06

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    02 Feb '14 07:23
    At 14, I was helping my 26 year old brother clear a lot for the house he was to build and came across a clutch of quail eggs that I took home and with a light bulb, took 14 of 15 eggs to hatching. They followed me everywhere, until we put them in a back yard open pen and they gradually went off to who knows where, probably local cat tummies.

Every kid should have a chance at this, sadly, fewer and fewer do.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Feb '14 09:551 edit
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    The thing is, they were fish. Fish don't feel. They're not like a dog. I love dogs.
    fish feel, i just bought 4 Baby Philippine Blue Angels and they feel a little threatened when i put my finger to the glass, they are gorgeous, a dog pah! stinky and smelly and leave hairs everywhere.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Feb '14 09:57
    tis a great tragedy but your concern and compassion and magnanimity are truly admirable.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Feb '14 10:01
    Originally posted by JS357
    At 14, I was helping my 26 year old brother clear a lot for the house he was to build and came across a clutch of quail eggs that I took home and with a light bulb, took 14 of 15 eggs to hatching. They followed me everywhere, until we put them in a back yard open pen and they gradually went off to who knows where, probably local cat tummies.

Every kid should have a chance at this, sadly, fewer and fewer do.
    we used to collect eggs when we were young, i once climbed a massive tree to get crows eggs and as i did not want them to smash while climbing down so i put them in my mouth, they did smash all inside my mouth and it wasn't yoke that was in them but almost fully formed chicks.
  11. In your face
    Moves
    02 Feb '14 13:26
    Neat way of getting heron in your garden.
  12. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    02 Feb '14 16:38
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    we used to collect eggs when we were young, i once climbed a massive tree to get crows eggs and as i did not want them to smash while climbing down so i put them in my mouth, they did smash all inside my mouth and it wasn't yoke that was in them but almost fully formed chicks.
    There are times in life when it's necessary to eat crow.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Feb '14 13:152 edits
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    There are times in life when it's necessary to eat crow.
    I just realised what eating crow meant, its being humiliated after taking a strong position, so sad that a vegetarian like myself must be made to eat crow regularly! Never the less, I resent the idea that farmers are slow thinking which seems to have formed the basis for this American colloquialism and its not just in America that 'country folk', are maligned', in India there is a special term for those that hail from villages, Pindhu! and its derogatory as well!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree