1. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 12:41
    Hi vandervelde,

I know that you're in grim mood at the moment, can't afford any travel right now so you're doomed to cold, ugly, grudging Belgrade, and that you are pissed off because your publisher who makes changes in your translation without asking your permission so that you denounced it via twitter, I know that right now chess is for you like broderie and needplint for old grandnannies, that you're dreaming of summer at sea, under sunbrella on a liggestol, while desperate refugees beg for a sip from your tropicana cocktail or for a bite from your steak, I know that you are going to spent newyearish night either in bed with cotton in your ears so as not to get deaf of fire crackers or wrapped in moth-eaten blanket watching old movie on TV (*just not state TV channel with same old setting: popular singers and TV faces in a "restaurant" waiting for 00:00, while over-happy gipsy and folk musicians are playing on their ears, and, vandervelde, I hope you'll survive.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Dec '16 11:19
    There's everything that's good to live for. Laugh with those who laugh, and weep with those who weep. Life is for living, and living is giving of one's self to others. Walk in the light. Love is the greatest gift of all.

Merry Christmas.
  3. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    25 Dec '16 11:58
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    Hi vandervelde,

I know that you're in grim mood at the moment, can't afford any travel right now so you're doomed to cold, ugly, grudging Belgrade, and that you are pissed off because your publisher who makes changes in your translation without asking your permission so that you denounced it via twitter, I know that right now chess is for you like bro ...[text shortened]... ppy gipsy and folk musicians are playing on their ears, and, vandervelde, I hope you'll survive.
    I feel your pain.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Dec '16 12:37
    Hi vandervelde,

I know that you're in grim mood at the moment, can't afford any travel right now so you're doomed to cold, ugly, grudging Belgrade, and that you are pissed off because your publisher who makes changes in your translation without asking your permission so that you denounced it via twitter, I know that right now chess is for you like bro ...[text shortened]... ppy gipsy and folk musicians are playing on their ears, and, vandervelde, I hope you'll survive.
    happiness comes from inside 😵
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Dec '16 13:47
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    happiness comes from inside 😵
    I thought that was wind?
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Dec '16 14:28
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I thought that was wind?
    From robbie it is wind! 😉
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Dec '16 15:31
    Originally posted by josephw
    From robbie it is wind! 😉
    Hot air, surely?
  8. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    25 Dec '16 15:44
    Hi vandervelde,

It can be easy to opt out of Christmas. I start getting organised as late as Christmas Eve every year. I don't go overboard on pointless gifts though do like to surprise someone with something occasionally. You can play down a lot of the hype by avoiding the city centres and terrestrial TV and by remembering that it only lasts for a few days. The thing to remember is that very few have the idyllic kind of Christmas that we are led to believe exists. Families continue to have the same difficulties that they do for the rest of the year. Christmas is a time of high expectations with a ridiculously high consumption of alcohol which inevitably leads to further discontentment. You will have a more content time than most believe me.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Dec '16 16:19
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Hot air, surely?
    After I turned you from an airhead Essex girl into a man-about-town trend setting fashion icon you treat me like this! Is there no justice in this world?😵
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Dec '16 16:24
    Originally posted by drewnogal
    It can be easy to opt out of Christmas. I start getting organised as late as Christmas Eve every year. I don't go overboard on pointless gifts though do like to surprise someone with something occasionally. You can play down a lot of the hype by avoiding the city centres and terrestrial TV and by remembering that it only lasts for a few days. The thing to ...[text shortened]... vitably leads to further discontentment. You will have a more content time than most believe me.
    Country walks and stormy weather! Here its blowing a hurricane and its awesome, the rain is bouncing off the streets like teenagers at an illegal rave with police helicopters overhead! Barbara I think they have called her! Yeehaa, I love storms! 😀
  11. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    26 Dec '16 02:15
    Country walks and stormy weather! Here its blowing a hurricane and its awesome, the rain is bouncing off the streets like teenagers at an illegal rave with police helicopters overhead! Barbara I think they have called her! Yeehaa, I love storms! 😀
    I'm with you
    I love a good storm
    the scarier the better
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Dec '16 02:33
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    I'm with you
    I love a good storm
    the scarier the better
    Torrential rain, wind, massive lightening strikes and pounding thunder.
  13. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    26 Dec '16 02:41
    Originally posted by josephw
    Torrential rain, wind, massive lightening strikes and pounding thunder.
    you got it
    glorious!
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Dec '16 03:25
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    you got it
    glorious!
    I just realized. I should have said "howling wind"! 😉
  15. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    26 Dec '16 22:24
    We've got the off lightly here in Wales for a second storm though I did secure my wood store tarpaulins in preparation. 😕

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree