A normal man walks into RHP forums,

A normal man walks into RHP forums,

General

Moves
25 May 21

. . . and soon encounters people with surprising manners and strange worldviews.

What is to be done?

SRB

Moves
25 May 21

@kevin-eleven said
. . . and soon encounters people with surprising manners and strange worldviews.

What is to be done?
Tell us more of these normal people of whom you speak.

Gothenburg

Moves
25 May 21

@relentless-red said
🙂

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
25 May 21

@relentless-red said
Good question, what would be considered "Normal People"?

-VR

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
25 May 21

@kevin-eleven said

What is to be done?
nothing at all

SRB

Moves
25 May 21

@rookie54 said
nothing at all
But how often should we do that and how will we know when it is truly nothing??

Gothenburg

Moves
25 May 21
1 edit

@relentless-red said
But how often should we do that and how will we know when it is truly nothing??
If nothing is ever done, then there isn't much to argue about, is there...? I vote we do nothing as often as we can. I can start.

Moves
25 May 21

Normality is a paved road: It’s comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it.

Vincent Van Gogh

Gothenburg

Moves
25 May 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Normality is a paved road: It’s comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it.

Vincent Van Gogh
Good.
Is normality perhaps a condition we fall back into, when we run out of imagination?

SRB

Moves
25 May 21

@torunn said
If nothing is ever done, then there isn't much to argue about, is there...? I vote we do nothing as often as we can. I can start.
How come you get to start? Do I have to keep doing something in the meantime until it's my turn?

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
25 May 21

It's all relative to the size of your steeple.

Gothenburg

Moves
25 May 21

@relentless-red said
How come you get to start? Do I have to keep doing something in the meantime until it's my turn?
I'm not fussy - you can do nothing and let me get something done.

SRB

Moves
25 May 21

@torunn said
I'm not fussy - you can do nothing and let me get something done.
Sounds good to me. I was worried for a moment there.

A
Shoshin

under a fig tree

Moves
25 May 21
2 edits

@Kevin-Eleven

Interesting question. Interesting in terms of someone who is an outsider, but regular reader of forum posts here.

In most cases I suspect the normal man keeps walking on after reading and/or maybe posting a comment or two.

There is not really an easy place for new "normal" people, chess players who find RHP and maybe want to assimilate. The forums are good. They are set. New people are not necessary.

There is sometimes not a lot of air left to breathe. Some posters have to post in every thread every day and not about the thread necessarily - but about themselves. If you don't know them or want to talk about them, it can be hard to contribute and get into the flow of the conversation.

Maybe you say something you think it relevant, but the next post is back to the every day every thread posters who change the conversation back to them and your post is lost. So no one answers you - you are just invisible - and you sort of slink away after a day or two.

I am sure that is not everyone's experience - but you asked a general "normal man" question. Like I say the forums seem pretty set. Everyone is good. New normal people with new or different ideas need not apply - just keep on walking.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
25 May 21

@anitya said
@Kevin-Eleven

Interesting question. Interesting in terms of someone who is an outsider, but regular reader of forum posts here.

In most cases I suspect the normal man keeps walking on after reading and/or maybe posting a comment or two.

There is not really an easy place for new "normal" people, chess players who find RHP and maybe want to assimilate. The forums are ...[text shortened]... eryone is good. New normal people with new or different ideas need not apply - just keep on walking.
Not quite true, but can see you seeing it that way.

Many posters have been here for many years and know each other, new people are welcome, new ideas are welcome.

We don't always stay on Topic, as some other forums on this site do, but there is an Off Topic to alert the post, which is rarely used in this forum.

A lot of the bantering is in jest and nothing is really meant as serious exception in rare cases. Please feel free to throw in your two cents worth any time.

We have the good people, bad people, Logical people, jokesters, serious types, etc.,etc., which it takes to make an active forum from my way of looking at it.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.