1. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 14:192 edits
    I was awoken by a knocking sound on my door at 3am Friday morning. It was one of those instances when you are caught between consciousness and sleep and are not entirely sure if it was real or you dreamed it. Then again, much more distinct.

I descended the stairs to the hall and opened the door. To my complete astonishment there was a women writhing in a foetal position on my driveway earnestly petitioning me to phone an ambulance as she was dying. Again because of the urgency of the event which rapidly unfolds one is caught for a moment almost mesmerised by the gravity of the situation and the surreality of the scene. I recognised her as the young women who lives two houses along from me. I literally had my thumb on the 9 to dial the emergency UK code of 999 when her partner appeared and beckoned her to lift herself from the monoblock and come home. I asked him if she was ok and he replied that she was drunk.

Now this is the strange part. She did not appear to me to be drunk, but in some distress and pain. The knock on my door was measured, at first a gentle knock and when there was no perceived reaction, a little more forceful. That appears to me to be someone in their senses and conscious of what they are doing. Someone who was drunk would simply bash the door.

Secondly when one is drunk one tends to feel no pain, copious lashings of alcohol deadens pain, this women was clearly in some kind of pain. Furthermore she was not lounging around uncontrollably but was crouched, foetal position holding her abdomen. At the time I simply took his word for it but in retrospect I am not entirely convinced. But what to do? A very strange experience indeed.
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 14:22
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I was awoken by a knocking sound on my door at 3am Friday morning. It was one of those instances when you are caught between consciousness and sleep and are not entirely sure if it was real or you dreamed it. Then again, much more distinct.

I descended the stairs to the hall and opened the door. To my complete astonishment there was a women writ ...[text shortened]... t in retrospect I am not entirely convinced. But what to do? A very strange experience indeed.
    First of all: That would have been some yarn for the Prose competition.

Then should you check on the well-being of that womna, if she is okay, you probably have dreamed it. If not, realize that a lot of awful things wouldn't be possible without the majority of people who see something starnge decide that it is SOP...
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 14:231 edit
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    First of all: That would have been some yarn for the Prose competition.

Then should you check on the well-being of that womna, if she is okay, you probably have dreamed it. If not, realize that a lot of awful things wouldn't be possible without the majority of people who see something starnge decide that it is SOP...
    I did not dream it Pondy because she woke the entire house, wife and kids also seen her. Ok I should check to see if she is ok.
  4. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 14:42
    Yes, go check on her. Take someone with you.
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 15:13
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Yes, go check on her. Take someone with you.
    Let us know!
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 15:55
    You should of course have called the police, explain the situation and let them decide what to do.

At the very least, the woman, if indeed drunk, should have had a visit from the police explaining her not to go knock on doors in the middle of the night for no reason - drunk or not.

And this concludes the lesson "Logic 101".
  7. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 16:12

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 16:20
    In fairness, we don't always respond logically at 3 in the morning.

Hope she's okay.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 16:31
    In fairness, we don't always respond logically at 3 in the morning.
    Fair point. Although it's interesting to note that robbie is still wondering what he maybe should have done 1-2 days later when it's not 3 am in the morning anymore. 😀
  10. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 16:38
    They were J. Witnesses on acid.
  11. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 16:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    Fair point. Although it's interesting to note that robbie is still wondering what he maybe should have done 1-2 days later when it's not 3 am in the morning anymore. 😀
    Precisely. Instead he's asking for advice to a bunch of complete f***ing weirdos on some website.
  12. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 17:48
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Precisely. Instead he's asking for advice to a bunch of complete f***ing weirdos on some website.
    In fairness, he knows i wear a cravat.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 18:021 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    No i don't think so, there was no sign of a struggle, her hair, her clothes, everything was intact. She did not look like she had been struggling with anyone. There was no sign of blood or bruising either. Also her husband does not seem the type, he was almost pleading with her to come home. No sign of aggression or any anger in his voice.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 18:04
    In fairness, he knows i wear a cravat.
    Actually I didn't but thanks for that yah weirdo! 😛
  15. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 21:32
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie

I descended the stairs to the hall and opened the door. To my complete astonishment there was a women writ ...[text shortened]... t in retrospect I am not entirely convinced. But what to do? A very strange experience indeed.
    Why do you insist to write women when you mean woman?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree