1. Joined
    22 Feb '10
    Moves
    03 Sep '16 18:38
    Hello everyone,
    Just a friendly warning: my account was hacked, and some weird-looking moves were made in some of my games. I've changed my password and will try to recover in those games. No real harm done.

However, I though I would send out a warning in case this was not an isolated event. Make sure you have a strong password and change it often. 🙂

Cheers!
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Sep '16 19:19
    Originally posted by jertamev
    Hello everyone,
    Just a friendly warning: my account was hacked, and some weird-looking moves were made in some of my games. I've changed my password and will try to recover in those games. No real harm done.

However, I though I would send out a warning in case this was not an isolated event. Make sure you have a strong password and change it often. 🙂

Cheers!
    Hackers these days will do anything to spoil a man's chess 😠
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    03 Sep '16 19:31
    Hello everyone,

Cheers!
    Did you send feedback to the administrators? Note the link at the bottom of this page.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    03 Sep '16 19:56
    Hello everyone,

Cheers!
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Mine was nearly unhackable before, but just to be safe, I changed it to:

So suck it, hackers!
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Sep '16 21:05
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Mine was nearly unhackable before, but just to be safe, I changed it to:

So suck it, hackers!
    I used to get Indian hackers phoning me all the time since Talk Talk was hacked for real. They play phoney ambient office sounds and try to tell you that you have a problem with your internet and need to connect to their 'secure server'. Its total BS. I ask them questions, what operating system have they detected the virus on, What is the name of the virus, they just repeat the same jive.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Sep '16 21:15
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I used to get Indian hackers phoning me all the time since Talk Talk was hacked for real. They play phoney ambient office sounds and try to tell you that you have a problem with your internet and need to connect to their 'secure server'. Its total BS. I ask them questions, what operating system have they detected the virus on, What is the name of the virus, they just repeat the same jive.
    Did you use your "Robbie propaganda" on them?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Sep '16 21:29
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Did you use your "Robbie propaganda" on them?
    No I spoke to them in Hindi actually. Samajte hia bahiya?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Sep '16 21:42
    No I spoke to them in Hindi actually. Samajte hia bahiya?
    Wow, you speak bullshlt in those languages too.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Sep '16 21:48
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Wow, you speak bullshlt in those languages too.
    yes fluently except my Hindi is rather polite. I had an excellent teacher, Mrs Shamin Malik.
  10. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    05 Sep '16 08:58
    Hello everyone,

Cheers!
    Just admit it...you were drunk, or suffering a bad breakup. No one will think less of you.
  11. Joined
    22 Feb '10
    Moves
    05 Sep '16 20:542 edits
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Just admit it...you were drunk, or suffering a bad breakup. No one will think less of you.
    Not drunk and no breakup. Might be something with my tablet. This is my third attempt to post this reply.
  12. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    05 Sep '16 22:11
    I have problems posting from my tablet, or typing in-game messages. The slightest movement of the tablet seems to destroy anything that has been typed and not yet saved. It only affects my messaging though, the board screen still works for me - all my blunders are my own!
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Sep '16 22:34
    yes fluently except my Hindi is rather polite. I had an excellent teacher, Mrs Shamin Malik.
    Namaste, samosa?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree