1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Nov '17 17:09
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    Hey sonhouse, I once saw 78 moves. Mind you, they weren't all in the same game and they weren't all on my board. James Tarjan gave a simultaneous exhibition on the Peninsula in the 1970s and I was one of his opponents.
    And you whipped butt right? 🙂 I was in a simul with Larry Evans in Denver deep into the last century. I felt good I lasted 43 moves. I didn't know or realize I should have played a move and he moves on, I played a move, he moved, I moved, he moved and was soon in deep doo doo🙂
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    22 Nov '17 18:20
    I did have the satisfaction of being one of the few players who survived to a pawn endgame against Tarjan. Most of the other players were mopped up in middle game combinations.

Yes, if you make an immediate reply to the simul GM's move, he is entitled to keep on moving at your board. Whereas, If you pause, he will likely go to the next board and you have more time to think until he comes back round to your board. You also usually get one or two 'passes' or 'byes.' As the GM eliminates more and more players, he comes round sooner and sooner and the remaining players have less and less time to think.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Nov '17 22:16
    I did have the satisfaction of being one of the few players who survived to a pawn endgame against Tarjan. Most of the other players were mopped up in middle game combinations.

Yes, if you make an immediate reply to the simul GM's move, he is entitled to keep on moving at your board. Whereas, If you pause, he will likely go to the next board and you hav ...[text shortened]... rs, he comes round sooner and sooner and the remaining players have less and less time to think.
    NOW you tell me🙂
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    23 Nov '17 05:51
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    NOW you tell me🙂
    Didn't Evans tell you? He should have.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Nov '17 14:28
    Didn't Evans tell you? He should have.
    I get the funny feeling he wants to win....
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Nov '17 19:29
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    tv;dr

too [b]vain
    ;didn't read[/b]
    Thanks, wondered what that meant. I guess that is the last we will hear of Deenine or maybe it should be Deenile....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree