Amazon no longer accepting VISA

Amazon no longer accepting VISA

General

Moves
17 Nov 21

Has anyone else had this notification from Amazon?

Apparently due to high transaction charges by the company.

Hmm. More like they are starting to impinge users and encourage them to take up the Amazon credit card which happens to be MasterCard.

I’m really getting tired of Amazon tbh; their treatment of employees, poor delivery service, eroding Prime service, Bezos joy riding into space.

Ugh.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
17 Nov 21

@divegeester said

Hmm. More like they are starting to impinge users and encourage them to take up the Amazon credit card which happens to be MasterCard.

I’m really getting tired of Amazon tbh; their treatment of employees, poor delivery service, eroding Prime service, Bezos joy riding into space.

Ugh.
With success comes the scammers.

I had a message on my answering machine the other day from a computerized voice saying my Amazon Prime account was being suspended and I should call Amazon at some 877 number they left. I called Amazon on a different number I got from some page on their site and they said nothing was wrong with my account and that scammers were running this scam trying to get people to call another number and give them their account details and login info.

I would take that info about Visa cards with a grain of salt, at least until they declined my Visa.

SRB

Moves
17 Nov 21

@divegeester said

Ugh.
Once again we have the Xmas Amazon Premier League farce.

If you have bought Sky and BT Sport you have come to expect to see the popularly televised games like our away derby at Goodison. You might reasonably say that you considered those matches as included in the fee when you paid, due to usual custom and practice. So how is it legal that Amazon can now sell me the match I had presumed that I bought already?

Add to that the way the popular TV matches just happen to show up in December when Amazon want to cash in, despite the supposedly random fixture list??

(BTW if you are into football just find people who haven't used their free trial of Amazon Prime yet and turn up at their house with a bottle😁, but there are only so many years that will work, where is the legal challenge?? )

Moves
17 Nov 21

An obvious scam.
Stay wary: Holiday hucksters; swindlers and chiselers are feeding.

Über-Nerd

Moves
17 Nov 21

@woofwoof said
An obvious scam.
Stay wary: Holiday hucksters; swindlers and chiselers are feeding.
Apparently not obvious to everyone.

Über-Nerd

Moves
17 Nov 21

@divegeester said

Ugh.
Don’t click on any links purporting to confirm your account data.

Alekhine's Gun

🤔 Bolton

Moves
17 Nov 21

@divegeester
What a gnikcuf surprise dive😑👍🚬

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
17 Nov 21
1 edit

@divegeester said
Yet they continue to take Amex.

At RHP we will continue to accept bottle tops if you ask nicely.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
17 Nov 21

@russ said
Yet they continue to take Amex.

At RHP we will continue to accept bottle tops if you ask nicely.
Can you write me the details on this, please ?

Contentious

Moves
17 Nov 21

😄

Moves
17 Nov 21

@suzianne said
With success comes the scammers.

I had a message on my answering machine the other day from a computerized voice saying my Amazon Prime account was being suspended and I should call Amazon at some 877 number they left. I called Amazon on a different number I got from some page on their site and they said nothing was wrong with my account and that scammers were running th ...[text shortened]...
I would take that info about Visa cards with a grain of salt, at least until they declined my Visa.
Interesting, thanks.
I’m usually quite on it with scams but didn’t see it with this one.

Moves
17 Nov 21

@woofwoof said
An obvious scam.
I think your right, in retrospect

Moves
17 Nov 21

@divegeester said
I think your right, in retrospect
Was on BBC news, so a real thing.

(Will only kick in from January, unless the dispute is resolved.)

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
17 Nov 21

@divegeester said

Ugh.
I have had this email. Its genuine and so is the £20 offer for adding another credit card, not visa obviously.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Nov 21

@the-gravedigger said
I have had this email. Its genuine and so is the £20 offer for adding another credit card, not visa obviously.
santander has switched from visa to mastercard.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.