1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Mar '20 02:41
    The bad news about coronavirus is that it hasn't caused any of the a-holes to go away.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/woman-snarky-tweet-aoc-reminds-064050816.html
  2. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    16 Mar '20 05:53
    The seriousness of the situation started to kick in for me today when I visited a supermarket and saw the empty shelves and low stock of basic things like loo roll, anti-bacterial wipes, baby wipes, pasta, porridge, eggs, tinned fish, cereals, flour.

Then I saw my 73 year old ex husband, a smoker with diabetes, in tears in the evening, worried he’d never live to see the return of our eldest son from Canada in September; feeling destined to die.

So.... we are making a plan to try to keep him safer. Here in the UK he’ll be expected to self isolate in a week or so. If he’s serious about this I will have him at our home and restrict my social contacts too.
  3. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    16 Mar '20 07:41
    @drewnogal said
    The seriousness of the situation started to kick in for me today when I visited a supermarket and saw the empty shelves and low stock of basic things like loo roll, anti-bacterial wipes, baby wipes, pasta, porridge, eggs, tinned fish, cereals, flour.

Then I saw my 73 year old ex husband, a smoker with diabetes, in tears in the evening, worried he’d never live to see the ...[text shortened]... k or so. If he’s serious about this I will have him at our home and restrict my social contacts too.
    Bless you! You have as large a heart as anyone I know.

May all beings be well and happy!

♥️

Hakima Pamela
  4. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    16 Mar '20 08:301 edit
    @hakima

You too my friend and thank you for understanding.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Mar '20 09:43
    @drewnogal said

Then I saw my 73 year old ex husband, a smoker with diabetes, in tears in the evening, worried he’d never live to see the ...[text shortened]... k or so. If he’s serious about this I will have him at our home and restrict my social contacts too.
    We are looking at each other realising that two of more family members will probably die of this. On a more selfish note we both wonder if we will survive it.

It’s going to be a long horrible summer that’s for sure.
  6. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    16 Mar '20 09:52
    @drewnogal said

All of my best, dear Drew.

Though I fear that this epoch is destined to run its course.
    I'm keeping faith in the resilience and goodness within human-kind.
    Please be well and don't allow yourself or your loved ones to lose all hope.

This too, shall pass.

🙂
  7. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    16 Mar '20 11:55
    @divegeester said
    We are looking at each other realising that two of more family members will probably die of this. On a more selfish note we both wonder if we will survive it.

It’s going to be a long horrible summer that’s for sure.
    I’ve been giving it some thought. I made this post on our local vibrant village Facebook page today:

A please to all good people of **********.
    Its a beautiful day out there, the sun shining, birds singing and nesting, all seems well. But there’s a killer at large!

Please, PLS, remember. PLAN every trip out from your homes and what you will need to touch. LIMIT your social contacts where possible. Think SAFETY for your older & vulnerable family members and friends.

This acronym has helped me feel a bit more in control of the current situation.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Mar '20 11:57
    @suzianne said
    The bad news about coronavirus is that it hasn't caused any of the a-holes to go away.
    True you never went anywhere! 😛 😉

-VR
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Mar '20 12:02
    @drewnogal said
    I’ve been giving it some thought. I made this post on our local vibrant village Facebook page today:

A please to all good people of **********.
    Its a beautiful day out there, the sun shining, birds singing and nesting, all seems well. But there’s a killer at large!

Please, PLS, remember. PLAN every trip out from your homes and what you will need to touch. LIMIT your ...[text shortened]... bers and friends.

This acronym has helped me feel a bit more in control of the current situation.
    I sent out a group text this morning to my colleagues reminding them to double check with people they had arranged to visit that they were healthy and free of any of the virus symptoms. Like yourself it felt good to exercise some control over the situation.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Mar '20 12:23
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I sent out a group text this morning to my colleagues reminding them to double check with people they had arranged to visit that they were healthy and free of any of the virus symptoms. Like yourself it felt good to exercise some control over the situation.
    Your colleagues are forgetful or just don't know what to do?

-VR
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Mar '20 12:38
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    How did you get to be so old, being so clueless?
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Mar '20 12:441 edit
    @suzianne said
    How did you get to be so old, being so clueless?
    Who said I was old?..As for the clueless part, why would you even bother debating with someone you considered to be clueless? 😛 😉

Do you feel goad can't answer for himself or showing him you have his back! 😛 😉

-VR
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Mar '20 13:27
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    Why do you always have to be such an ass about things?

Community workers often book appointments in advance. My advice was to check (by text) before traveling to these appointments (Monday morning) that they were not going to walk into a home where someone was sick.
  14. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    16 Mar '20 13:29
    i intend to survive by merely being a stubborn undying sob

lucky you,
    i intend to drag you with me

happy survival day
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Mar '20 13:34
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Why do you always have to be such an ass about things?

Community workers often book appointments in advance. My advice was to check (by text) before traveling to these appointments (Monday morning) that they were not going to walk into a home where someone was sick.
    I am being straight forward and honest not an ass...I'll let you know when I am being an ass so you know the difference.

I would think your co-workers would know enough to this on their own and not need a reminder, they aren't children for christ sake, they are adults like you!

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree