General Forum

General Forum

  1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52774
    05 Nov '15 14:30
    http://phys.org/news/2015-11-ancient-british-tree-sex-change.html

    The Vatican will be up in arms about this one for sure, not to mention the bible belters🙂
  2. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Joined
    26 Aug '06
    Moves
    55928
    05 Nov '15 14:34
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://phys.org/news/2015-11-ancient-british-tree-sex-change.html

    The Vatican will be up in arms about this one for sure, not to mention the bible belters🙂
    FMF

    Oh......I mean going from female, back to male then back to female. Yes I read that. No personal insults intended.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52774
    05 Nov '15 17:01
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    FMF

    Oh......I mean going from female, back to male then back to female. Yes I read that. No personal insults intended.
    What I wonder is what does that buy you, what kind of advantage does it give a tree to do that? It is said the tree was healthy.
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97123
    05 Nov '15 17:23
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What I wonder is what does that buy you, what kind of advantage does it give a tree to do that? It is said the tree was healthy.
    It probably has to do with global warming because I am noticing that I am starting to feel my feminine side coming forward. It's early days but...
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    10591
    05 Nov '15 17:36
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What I wonder is what does that buy you, what kind of advantage does it give a tree to do that? It is said the tree was healthy.
    If the tree was male, perhaps it got fed up with squirrels pinching its nuts.
  6. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    Joined
    23 Mar '04
    Moves
    210158
    05 Nov '15 19:50
    Not that uncommon for a plant to change sex. I have an Euphorbia bupleurifolia that has changed sex from male to female. I even harvested seeds from it after pollinating it with a male plant.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    10591
    05 Nov '15 20:03
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Not that uncommon for a plant to change sex. I have an Euphorbia bupleurifolia that has changed sex from male to female. I even harvested seeds from it after pollinating it with a male plant.
    Dude, is that legal?
  8. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    05 Nov '15 20:441 edit
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    FMF

    Oh......I mean going from female, back to male then back to female. Yes I read that. No personal insults intended.
    Aha! that is what FMF stands for, most excellent, I always thought its was For My Flunkies.
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    05 Nov '15 22:34
    Originally posted by Aiko
    I have an Euphorbia bupleurifolia that has changed sex from male to female.
    I even harvested seeds from it after pollinating it with a male plant.
    You are one sick mother!
  10. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Joined
    26 Aug '06
    Moves
    55928
    05 Nov '15 23:11
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Not that uncommon for a plant to change sex. I have an Euphorbia bupleurifolia that has changed sex from male to female. I even harvested seeds from it after pollinating it with a male plant.
    So what you are saying is that you pollinated it yourself. Dude, I've heard of tree huggers but that's going one step beyond. I hope you two are very happy together.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52774
    06 Nov '15 11:43
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    So what you are saying is that you pollinated it yourself. Dude, I've heard of tree huggers but that's going one step beyond. I hope you two are very happy together.
    O M G🙂
Back to Top