1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Nov '15 14:30
    http://phys.org/news/2015-11-ancient-british-tree-sex-change.html

The Vatican will be up in arms about this one for sure, not to mention the bible belters🙂
  2. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    05 Nov '15 14:34
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://phys.org/news/2015-11-ancient-british-tree-sex-change.html

The Vatican will be up in arms about this one for sure, not to mention the bible belters🙂
    FMF

Oh......I mean going from female, back to male then back to female. Yes I read that. No personal insults intended.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Nov '15 17:01
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    FMF

Oh......I mean going from female, back to male then back to female. Yes I read that. No personal insults intended.
    What I wonder is what does that buy you, what kind of advantage does it give a tree to do that? It is said the tree was healthy.
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    05 Nov '15 17:23
    What I wonder is what does that buy you, what kind of advantage does it give a tree to do that? It is said the tree was healthy.
    It probably has to do with global warming because I am noticing that I am starting to feel my feminine side coming forward. It's early days but...
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Nov '15 17:36
    If the tree was male, perhaps it got fed up with squirrels pinching its nuts.
  6. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    05 Nov '15 18:071 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    05 Nov '15 19:50
    Not that uncommon for a plant to change sex. I have an Euphorbia bupleurifolia that has changed sex from male to female. I even harvested seeds from it after pollinating it with a male plant.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Nov '15 20:03
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Not that uncommon for a plant to change sex. I have an Euphorbia bupleurifolia that has changed sex from male to female. I even harvested seeds from it after pollinating it with a male plant.
    Dude, is that legal?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Nov '15 20:441 edit
    FMF

Aha! that is what FMF stands for, most excellent, I always thought its was For My Flunkies.
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    05 Nov '15 22:34
    I have an Euphorbia bupleurifolia that has changed sex from male to female.
    I even harvested seeds from it after pollinating it with a male plant.
    You are one sick mother!
  11. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    05 Nov '15 23:11
    So what you are saying is that you pollinated it yourself. Dude, I've heard of tree huggers but that's going one step beyond. I hope you two are very happy together.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Nov '15 11:43
    So what you are saying is that you pollinated it yourself. Dude, I've heard of tree huggers but that's going one step beyond. I hope you two are very happy together.
    O M G🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree