1. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    17 Oct '18 13:55
    @rookie54 said
    it must be gratifying knowing that you've only been sexually active with one partner yer whole life...

so tell me, does she/he like it doggie???
    Woof, woof. 🤔 😲
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Oct '18 16:06
    @rookie54 said
    it must be gratifying knowing that you've only been sexually active with one partner yer whole life...

so tell me, does she/he like it doggie???
    my gay boyfriend has a doggie, but I have not told my wife who also has adoggie
  3. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    17 Oct '18 17:49
    I like it doggie because Rover has got bad breath.
  4. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    17 Oct '18 17:56
    @wolfgang59 said
    Tourism is worth 8.53 trillion Euro a month to UK
    and 93.8% of that is due to the royal family.

Without Liz II & Phil the Greek the country would be in civil war.
    I heard it was 8.53 trillion euros a second 🤔
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    17 Oct '18 18:23
    @wolfgang59 said
    Tourism is worth 8.53 trillion Euro a month to UK
    and 93.8% of that is due to the royal family.
    I can't believe this parody of a Royalist got 3 thumbs up! 😢
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    17 Oct '18 18:47
    @captain-strange said
    I heard it was 8.53 trillion euros a second 🤔
    My stats may be a little inaccurate. 😉
  7. RSA
    Moves
    17 Oct '18 19:54
    @wolfgang59 said
    Some people obviously took it literally, yet many were too kind to point it out. Of course, 8.53 trillion is an absurd figure.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Oct '18 06:09
    @wolfgang59 said
    It’s the only truly funny part of this thread.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Oct '18 06:122 edits
    While we’re on the subject I think there should be a hard cut off after the first family royals. I.e the queen and her immediate offspring plus the heir to the throne and his should be classed as “Royals”. The rest should have nothing from the state. Furthermore their working itineraries should be published retrospectively so the taxpayer can assess what they’ve been up to.

This latest “royal” wedding was a total waste of money. Who the heck is interested in the daughter of the brother of the future king.
  10. Joined
    22 May '10
    Moves
    18 Oct '18 06:50
    Royalty is outdated.The idea that you are a king just by birthright does not make sense.And to rub salt into it the queen been the richest woman in the world and the head of a christian church is the height of hypocrisy.If you want proof the bible says it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than enter the kingdom of God.The king of kings in christianity was not rich.
  11. Gothenburg
    Moves
    18 Oct '18 07:001 edit
    @gareth-cobb said
    Royalty is outdated.The idea that you are a king just by birthright does not make sense.And to rub salt into it the queen been the richest woman in the world and the head of a christian church is the height of hypocrisy.If you want proof the bible says it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than enter the kingdom of God.The king of kings in christianity was not rich.
    It's a tradition, and in Sweden for instance, most of us feel that the Royal family serve as good ambassadors.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Oct '18 07:04
    @gareth-cobb said
    God save the Queen!
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 Oct '18 07:16
    @torunn said
    It's a tradition, and in Sweden for instance, most of us feel that the Royal family serve as good ambassadors.
    Let them apply for the job of Ambassador then.

I expect some of them might make good plumbers too.
  14. Gothenburg
    Moves
    18 Oct '18 07:22
    @wolfgang59 said
    Let them apply for the job of Ambassador then.

I expect some of them might make good plumbers too.
    Why this hostility? Is it because of money?
  15. RSA
    Moves
    18 Oct '18 07:43
    @divegeester said
    While we’re on the subject I think there should be a hard cut off after the first family royals. I.e the queen and her immediate offspring plus the heir to the throne and his should be classed as “Royals”. The rest should have nothing from the state. Furthermore their working itineraries should be published retrospectively so the taxpayer can assess what they’ve been up t ...[text shortened]... total waste of money. Who the heck is interested in the daughter of the brother of the future king.
    The ones who should get the money:

The Queen and Philip
    Prince Charles
    William and Catherine and their children

Even then, the royal family costs around 70 pence per British taxpayer per year. Even if the UK didn't earn far more from them than they cost (which it does), I still wouldn't mind paying 70 pence to ensure that our prime ministers never think that they're the top. It's a nice balance of power up there. A prime minister with power but is lower in rank than the Queen, who has no power but is still more senior.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree