1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Apr '14 07:521 edit
    A new beta is available, and it would be helpful if any existing users would check it out it before I push it out as the current version. More info here...

Thread 158954
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    24 Apr '14 12:12
    Originally posted by Russ
    A new beta is available, and it would be helpful if any existing users would check it out it before I push it out as the current version. More info here...

Thread 158954
    How about you make this general forum better and bring back sports, culture and whatever else has been unnecessarily expunged from this now vacuous hellhole?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Apr '14 14:52
    Originally posted by darvlay
    How about you make this general forum better and bring back sports, culture and whatever else has been unnecessarily expunged from this now vacuous hellhole?
    They have their own forums. Why do you want them crammed in here? That makes no sense.
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    24 Apr '14 16:453 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Why do you want them crammed in here?
    To give the illusion that it's more active. This will encourage new posters to join. I thought that was pretty straightforward. At the very least, cultural topics don't need their own forum and to separate them from this forum was a poor decision that not only limited the discussion by making it relatively inaccessible and undesirable but makes this forum look inane and vapid in comparison to this forum before the split.

But I do understand why Russ doesn't bother. This forum (general) doesn't make money and isn't worth his time. If anything, a more active forum just causes more headaches for him and the moderators.
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    24 Apr '14 16:49
    But I get it, Suzi. You think everything is wonderful and no one worth their salt is gone. I get it.
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    24 Apr '14 17:19
    But I get it, Suzi. You think everything is wonderful and no one worth their salt is gone. I get it.
    Maybe you could start a thread on those forums incentivizing people to use the GF for their threads because their threads will get more, and more varied, attention on the GF and make the GF more interesting to everyone. See if that works.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Apr '14 21:341 edit
    An easier solution would be to make a new forum for "word games". Then the general forum would be for everything other than: games, sport, culture, chess, religion, politics, site improvement and retarded arguments about clan integrity. So basically Grampy Bobby's reminiscences punctuated by the occasional spambot.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Apr '14 23:32
    Maybe I just have a sunnier disposition, crabapple.

I think all this business about "the GF is dead" is, umm, premature, at best. There's plenty of activity here.
  9. In your face
    Moves
    24 Apr '14 23:471 edit
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 00:43
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Maybe I just have a sunnier disposition, crabapple.

I think all this business about "the GF is dead" is, umm, premature, at best. There's plenty of activity here.
    I wouldn't say it's dead either. Just poorly underperforming its potential.
  11. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 00:53
    You make it sound like the GF has ED. 😕
  12. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 01:45
    What's this thread about? I forget oh yeah, WHAT'S AN ANDROID?

Of topic as usual I just want to say I think both my friend Suzy and Darv have good points. On one hand it would be nice to have the forums more active. At the time Russ split the forums up it served a purpose because we had a lot of active posters. The forums were hard to follow because everything got off topic so quickly. Organization was needed, but now maybe merging it again on some subjects might not be a bad idea in order to spice up the threads a little more.

On the other hand Suzi is right that Davley is a crabapple and is probably one the main reason she is against making the forums more active again. There was just too much fighting. And we all participated even though it made boy George and baby Jesus cry. So somewhere in the middle would seem nice. But Russ can and will do what he likes because it is his responsibility. It might include nothing at all.

The active posters in the forums is just a very small percentage of the quantity of chess players on this site. The forums could all go away and there would still be a ton of chess players still here that probably would never notice or care it was gone. Many may not even speak English or is just to afraid of conflict to make a post. And then there are those that actually have a life.

So in conclusion please talk to me anytime you like. I'm more than just a little bored. 😞

Is an Android anything like the R2-d2 in star wars? My beard has turned so grey I can't keep up with all the new gizmo's.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 02:50
    So start a controversial darvlay thread or two. Pent up posters will muckle on like calves in search of a teat. Got milk?
  14. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 02:57
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    So start a controversial darvlay thread or two. Pent up posters will muckle on like calves in search of a teat. Got milk?
    Somehow I don't think Darv's nipples would hold up. 😕
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 03:03
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Somehow I don't think Darv's nipples would hold up. 😕
    You know the age old online public forum bovine rule: "hold up" or shut up and get put out to pasture. lol

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree