1. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    21 May '14 17:55
    Originally posted by FMF
    M*A*S*H was broadcast in the US with a laugh track, or so I am told, but in the UK they had the option of turning it off, which they did. One evening in the late 70s it went out in the UK with the laugh track inadvertently switched on and afterwards the BBC2 announcer apologized. It never happened again. When I downloaded all 11 series a few years back, some had ...[text shortened]... n't work ~ it simply does not work ~ with a laugh track. It's just not 'canned laughter comedy'.
    Interesting. I might have enjoyed MASH much more had there been no laugh track. Never thought about that.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 May '14 18:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yeah, good series Grampy Bobby, but not a comedy.
    My social error. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 May '14 19:241 edit
    Footnote: I have enjoyed "Fawlty Towers" (with empathy for John Cleese (sp) having been in the hospitality industry); "Upstairs Downstairs" and "Keeping Up Appearances" on PBS with sympathy for Lady Bucket's husband.
  4. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    21 May '14 19:45
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Footnote: I have enjoyed "Fawlty Towers" (with empathy for John Cleese (sp) having been in the hospitality industry); "Upstairs Downstairs" and "Keeping Up Appearances" on PBS with sympathy for Lady Bucket's husband.
    Keeping Up Appearances - Interview

YouTube
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 May '14 22:14
    Originally posted by lolof
    Keeping Up Appearances - Interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt9OLpX2I7g
    Thanks. I enjoyed it.
  6. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    23 May '14 06:54
    Anyone mention the Young ones?

YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree