General Forum

General Forum

  1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    24 Nov '15 19:16
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    One would be Vermeer and his "Girl with a Pearl".
  2. Mar-a-Lago
    Joined
    02 Aug '11
    Moves
    8962
    24 Nov '15 19:19
    Seitse
    Michaelangelo
    Turner
  3. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    24 Nov '15 19:25
    Originally posted by Captain Strange
    Seitse
    Word
  4. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    24 Nov '15 19:38
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    John Duncan
    Durer
    Da Vinci
    Raphael
    Rembrandt
    Van Gogh
    Dali
    James Guthrie
    Bastien-Lepage
    Kandinsky
    Millet
    Titian
    Bilibin
    Carravagio
  5. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    24 Nov '15 19:40
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    John Duncan
    Durer
    Da Vinci
    Raphael
    Rembrandt
    Van Gogh
    Dali
    James Guthrie
    Bastien-Lepage
    Kandinsky
    Millet
    Titian
    Bilibin
    Carravagio
    Nice googling.

    C'mon, be honest and say that your favorite artist is R. Crumb.
  6. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    24 Nov '15 20:341 edit
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Nice googling.

    C'mon, be honest and say that your favorite artist is R. Crumb.
    I studied art and design for four years its not my fault you are uninitiated into the mysteries.
  7. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    24 Nov '15 20:56
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I must be honest and state that I do not really understand Bacon nor do I particularly like his work. I suspect I am too much of a romantic.
  8. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    24 Nov '15 21:00
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I studied art and design for four years its not my fault you are uninitiated into the mysteries.
    I always sensed that you were not a productive member of
    society and a bit on the queer side --and not in a pejorative
    sense of the term.

    It's o.k., even shark need parasites, or so I've been told by
    marine biologists.
  9. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    24 Nov '15 21:05
    Originally posted by Seitse
    I always sensed that you were not a productive member of
    society and a bit on the queer side --and not in a pejorative
    sense of the term.

    It's o.k., even shark need parasites, or so I've been told by
    marine biologists.
    I think you may be correct with regard to sharks although what qualifies one as a productive member of society remains a matter of conjecture.
  10. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    24 Nov '15 21:07
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I think you may be correct with regard to sharks although what qualifies one as a productive member of society remains a matter of conjecture.
    Everybody is productive except for the 1%, my friend.

    Most members of my family are professional artists while I am the
    only one whose lack of artistic talent pushed into actually making
    money. Today, I support them all, one way or another, and I do not
    regret it: they make beautiful things, I make a living. It's a win-win.
  11. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    24 Nov '15 21:27
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Everybody is productive except for the 1%, my friend.

    Most members of my family are professional artists while I am the
    only one whose lack of artistic talent pushed into actually making
    money. Today, I support them all, one way or another, and I do not
    regret it: they make beautiful things, I make a living. It's a win-win.
    But I too work for a living, not in an office, but outside, rain or shine, summer and winter.
  12. Mar-a-Lago
    Joined
    02 Aug '11
    Moves
    8962
    24 Nov '15 21:33
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    [b]I studied art and design for four years.
    And now you work in an office ordering paper clips and pencils.
    Hell, not your fault, no way you could have known.
    BTW Hope the Elder JW brethren okd that art course.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    24 Nov '15 21:35
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Picasso
    Matisse
    Klee
  14. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    24 Nov '15 22:012 edits
    Originally posted by Captain Strange
    And now you work in an office ordering paper clips and pencils.
    Hell, not your fault, no way you could have known.
    BTW Hope the Elder JW brethren okd that art course.
    I have never worked in an office unlike a namby pamby button pusher like you. My ruddy complexion is formed by natures elements and my body honed by physical toil, the like of what a fatty like you could only dream of.
  15. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    24 Nov '15 22:17
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    But I too work for a living, not in an office, but outside, rain or shine, summer and winter.
    Please elaborate.
Back to Top