Back in the day

Back in the day

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
20 Nov 19

@kewpie said
When law and order and authority meant something, we were trained not to express our personal views on "politics, religion and football" in order to avoid unnecessary upset and conflict.

Our ancestors couldn't predict what would happen when anonymity arrived.
The good old days weren't always good, and tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems. - Billy Joel

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
20 Nov 19

@mchill said
The good old days weren't always good, and tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems. - Billy Joel
Billy Joel was wrong! Have you looked around the world lately?

-VR

mafia chief

the safe house

Moves
21 Nov 19

@Very-Rusty

i started out as a shoplifter at about second grade by the time i was 12 i had broken into a cabin and a store.

the little crime that was going on "back in the day" was committed by me.

didn't wind up in a cell though until i was about fourteen.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
21 Nov 19

@mister-moggy said
@Very-Rusty

i started out as a shoplifter at about second grade by the time i was 12 i had broken into a cabin and a store.

Contgrats on restraining yourself for so long!!! 😉

-VR

mafia chief

the safe house

Moves
21 Nov 19

@mister-moggy said
@Very-Rusty

well i finally went to the life of crime big time when i became a lawyer.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
21 Nov 19

@mister-moggy said
well i finally went to the life of crime big time when i became a lawyer.
Do you expect anyone to buy that story? 😉

-VR

mafia chief

the safe house

Moves
21 Nov 19

@mister-moggy

state bar no 74765, state of california.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
21 Nov 19
1 edit

@mister-moggy said
@mister-moggy

state bar no 74765, state of california.
Thomas Wayne McFall #74765 - My State Bar Profile
members.calbar.ca.gov › fal › Member › Detail › 74765
Thomas Wayne McFall #74765. License Status: Resigned. Address: c/o Mike McFall, 537 Douglas St # A, Salt Lake City, UT 84102. County: Non-California

The aforementioned doesn't quite add up to you. 😛 😉

Nice try, but no cigar!! 😉

-VR

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
21 Nov 19

@ponderable said
We still do that in rural Germany 😉
ditto here in NZ.
(Not everywhere obviously ...)

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
21 Nov 19

Back in the day.............Does anyone recall when the family doctor would pay a visit to your home? I was a very young boy, but remember that.

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
21 Nov 19

@very-rusty said
Back in the day.............Does anyone recall when the family doctor would pay a visit to your home? I was a very young boy, but remember that.

-VR
Those were good days, so much easier and less anxiety.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
21 Nov 19

@torunn said
Those were good days, so much easier and less anxiety.
But on the other hand the internet wasn't around and we couldn't speak to people around the world for a few pennys. We only had two t.v. channels well 3 if you counted our french channel, which most people didn't. People were more polite and giving to each other. No cell phones......I am not putting up a very good argument for the changes am I? 😕

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
21 Nov 19

@very-rusty said
But on the other hand the internet wasn't around and we couldn't speak to people around the world for a few pennys. We only had two t.v. channels well 3 if you counted our french channel, which most people didn't. People were more polite and giving to each other. No cell phones......I am not putting up a very good argument for the changes am I? 😕

-VR
If I could choose, I would prefer to live the way we did when we were much younger. But I'm old, the rest of my family seem quite comfortable. New technology is wasted on me, I can't handle it.

ook

hirsute rooster

Moves
21 Nov 19

@torunn said
If I could choose, I would prefer to live the way we did when we were much younger. But I'm old, the rest of my family seem quite comfortable. New technology is wasted on me, I can't handle it.
Do you remember when a phone ... was only a phone ... and it was wired to a fixed point. You'd sometimes pick it up to find it was already in use by a neighbour?

My first mobile phone had a SIM card the size of a credit-card. It felt like I was in a science fiction movie - a pull out aerial and a flip down thing to talk into ... it never rang - I hardly used it. No one else I knew had one.
Happy times.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
22 Nov 19

@orangutan
My first mobile phone was just so that I could put a number on my business card.
Nobody called.