General Forum

General Forum

  1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    10 Jul '14 15:57
    Bad Choices

    Bad choices limit future options: on the chessboard; for each of us individually and for our families;
    for the villages or towns or cities and countries in which we live. Yes? Maybe? No? Your thoughts.
  2. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    10 Jul '14 16:27
    Yes, I hate it when people use their car horns indiscriminately. Loud music? I don't mind much, as long as it is a nice tune (no heavy metal for example), but when there are annoying, "unnatural" noises, I feel that both the person creating it made a bad decision as well as me, for not running away from it.

    It reminds me of a time when I was walking by a construction site. Do not get me wrong. I have nothing but respect for hard working people in fields, unlike mine, where hands get dirty and sweat is abundant. But, is there really a need to use the drill all the damn day? I mean, they could take a break or, even smarter, I could pick the next bus stop instead of this one.

    Overall, I see where you're coming from, b
  3. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    1035959
    10 Jul '14 16:54
    finally made the right choice and found my prince. kissed so many darn frogs though. frogs lie. don't believe them.
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    10 Jul '14 16:57
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Bad Choices

    Bad choices limit future options: on the chessboard; for each of us individually and for our families;
    for the villages or towns or cities and countries in which we live. Yes? Maybe? No? Your thoughts.
    I never made a bad choice. Granted, some of them could have been better, but at the time I made
    them, based on what I knew then, my choices were the best available. Hindsight arrives too late.
  5. Fermata
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    94301
    10 Jul '14 19:23
    Originally posted by coquette
    finally made the right choice and found my prince. kissed so many darn frogs though. frogs lie. don't believe them.
    Well done.

    🙂
  6. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    10 Jul '14 20:55
    How deep is a frog pond?
  7. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    10128
    10 Jul '14 21:10
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    I never made a bad choice. Granted, some of them could have been better, but at the time I made
    them, based on what I knew then, my choices were the best available. Hindsight arrives too late.
    I may have thought on some occasions that my decisions were the best possible or the only possible, but today I'm not sure I gave them enough consideration.
  8. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Joined
    19 Apr '10
    Moves
    55013
    10 Jul '14 21:132 edits
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Bad Choices

    Bad choices limit future options: on the chessboard; for each of us individually and for our families;
    for the villages or towns or cities and countries in which we live. Yes? Maybe? No? Your thoughts.[/b]
    I used to have a coworker named Lyle. Lyle was a good old boy, seemed like a real nieve hick. Well one day Lyle and Bernie his buddy took off for lunch in Bernie's 75 Road Runner. Foghat was blasting on the 8 track whilst marijuana smoke and empty beer cans flew out the window. Back then we thought nothing of it. In fact it was a bonus to catch a ride home with the boys. 😕
    Fun times.
  9. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    10 Jul '14 21:18
    Originally posted by lolof
    I may have thought on some occasions that my decisions were the best possible or the only possible, but today I'm not sure I gave them enough consideration.
    Too soon old, too late smart.
  10. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    10128
    10 Jul '14 21:20
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Too soon old, too late smart.
    That's right. I try to do better now.
  11. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    10 Jul '14 21:31
    Originally posted by lolof
    That's right. I try to do better now.
    How's your summer going?
  12. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    10128
    10 Jul '14 21:36
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    How's your summer going?
    It's fine, thank you. The weather here now is as hot and dry as it was in Italy in June. I won't be doing any more travelling this summer and I'll take the days as they come - grandchildren, friends, reading. I hope you have a great summer too.
  13. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    10 Jul '14 21:46
    Originally posted by lolof
    It's fine, thank you. The weather here now is as hot and dry as it was in Italy in June. I won't be doing any more travelling this summer and I'll take the days as they come - grandchildren, friends, reading. I hope you have a great summer too.
    So far, so good. Haven't had a day over 90* yet. Knock wood.

    (*That's temp, not golf. The next time I play golf will be the first time.)
  14. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    10128
    10 Jul '14 21:50
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    So far, so good. Haven't had a day over 90* yet. Knock wood.

    (*That's temp, not golf. The next time I play golf will be the first time.)
    🙂 You need to start early to be good at golf.

    I suppose you still read a lot...?
  15. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    10 Jul '14 21:56
    Originally posted by lolof
    🙂 You need to start early to be good at golf.

    I suppose you still read a lot...?
    I can resist anything but a good book. 🙂
Back to Top