1. old pueblo
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 00:29
    I teach 4th graders (age 9 turning 10). For most, their whole world is the desert southwest (USA) and Mexico. What would you want them to know about your area and people? (...even if your "area" is our state capitol, since all we know is the legislature is anti-education idiots and the governor is a moron.)
  2. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 00:35
    Originally posted by Sahuaro
    I teach 4th graders (age 9 turning 10). For most, their whole world is the desert southwest (USA) and Mexico. What would you want them to know about your area and people? (...even if your "area" is our state capitol, since all we know is the legislature is anti-education idiots and the governor is a moron.)
    [speaking loud and slow] I AM FROM COLORADO, WE HAVE STRANGE WAYS AND CUSTOMS.
  3. old pueblo
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 00:40
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    [speaking loud and slow] I AM FROM COLORADO, WE HAVE STRANGE WAYS AND CUSTOMS.
    You have that cold white stuff. What's that called again?
  4. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 00:45
    cocaine?
  5. In your face
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 00:45
    Toothpaste?
  6. In your face
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 00:46
    Ahhh. Talc.
  7. old pueblo
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 00:521 edit
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    cocaine?
    We have marijuana. See, your ways and customs are strange indeed!
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 00:56
    I would want them to know that places are different, and people behave differently from those in your own home area, but underneath it all people are very much the same, just affected by what they're living in.
  9. rural North Dakota
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 01:50
    I live in North Dakota where the white stuff lasts for six months a year and is very cold. We do not believe in calling anyone an "idiot" because we respect them even if we do not agree with them.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 01:501 edit
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I would want them to know that places are different, and people behave differently from those in your own home area, but underneath it all people are very much the same, just affected by what they're living in.
    Agree... along with the history of the state and region. Timely topic. Thanks.
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 05:58
    Our area is the planet earth and we are your people. What you do in your life affects everyone, including you.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Oct '13 00:18
    And this has even affected my personal feelings about such things as federal laws vs. states' rights. Everything is so bass-ackwards here that I cannot help but feel that a federal solution to any problem here is hugely preferable to a state solution, because the state has shown that they get very little right, indeed.

For example speaking of anti-education, this state has for years followed the 'charter school' idea, much to the detriment of public schools here. Even if this state were to receive extra funding from the federal Dept. of Education, these clowns would end up wasting it on vouchers for charter schools. This irritates me to no end.
  13. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    15 Oct '13 21:13

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Oct '13 22:06
    Shhh...Reveal Hidden Content
    Please don't tell johnnylongwoody about the Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch train station; he may ask Russ for permission to change his site nickname. Shhh...
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    15 Oct '13 22:18
    I would want them to know how Europeans and Maori co-exist.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Waitangi

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree