General Forum

General Forum

  1. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29872
    28 Jul '16 13:18
    http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20160728-the-hidden-adult-themes-in-beatrix-potter

    I remember finding out that The Magic Roundabout was really about dope smoking and made by dope smokers.

    A lot of animated family movies seem to be made with layers that appeal to parents and go over their kids' heads.

    Any favourites in that regard?
  2. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    28 Jul '16 13:25
    Trivially boring. Once again.
  3. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29872
    28 Jul '16 14:10
    Originally posted by josephw
    Trivially boring. Once again.
    The article about Beatrix Potter is quite interesting.
  4. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    28 Jul '16 14:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    The article about Beatrix Potter is quite interesting.
    That's what I mean! You found it interesting. That explains everything. 😉
  5. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29872
    28 Jul '16 14:151 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    That's what I mean! You found it interesting. That explains everything. 😉
    So you didn't find it interesting?
  6. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    28 Jul '16 14:27
    Originally posted by FMF
    So you didn't find it interesting?
    Not particularly. But that's just me. Maybe there's something wrong with me. Maybe I'm stunted.
  7. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29872
    28 Jul '16 14:30
    Originally posted by josephw
    Not particularly. But that's just me. Maybe there's something wrong with me. Maybe I'm stunted.
    And yet you have posted three times already on this thread.
  8. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    28 Jul '16 14:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    And yet you have posted three times already on this thread.
    Truth be told, it's not about Beatrix Potter. It's about me arguing with you about nothing in particular. It's embarrassing! 😉
  9. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29872
    28 Jul '16 14:40
    Originally posted by josephw
    Truth be told, it's not about Beatrix Potter. It's about me arguing with you about nothing in particular. It's embarrassing! 😉
    But I haven't been "arguing" with you.
  10. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    29 Jul '16 01:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    But I haven't been "arguing" with you.
    I'll take your word for it. Truth be told, I should probably learn to be less argumentative.
  11. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29872
    29 Jul '16 01:02
    Originally posted by josephw
    I'll take your word for it. Truth be told, I should probably learn to be less argumentative.
    Beatrix Potter's stories were a fixture, for decades, of a kind of children's fiction that prevailed in times gone past. The BBC article is quite interesting.
  12. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    29 Jul '16 01:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    Beatrix Potter's stories were a fixture, for decades, of a kind of children's fiction that prevailed in times gone past. The BBC article is quite interesting.
    I'm sure it is. Again, truth be told, it was interesting. I like things old. Old stories. Old barns. Old school yards. Old histories. Things forgotten.
  13. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29872
    29 Jul '16 01:10
    Originally posted by josephw
    I'm sure it is. Again, truth be told, it was interesting. I like things old. Old stories. Old barns. Old school yards. Old histories. Things forgotten.
    The thread was about Beatrix Potter all along. Take a look at your posts though.

    A lot of "kid's" movies nowadays seem to be made with calculated layers that appeal to adults as well as their children. Any favourites in that regard?
  14. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    29 Jul '16 01:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    The thread was about Beatrix Potter all along. Take a look at your posts though.

    A lot of "kid's" movies nowadays seem to be made with calculated layers that appeal to adults as well as their children. Any favourites in that regard?
    Yes it was.

    Can't think of anything just now. Tired. Off to bed.
Back to Top