Beatrix Potter's Hidden Adult Themes

Beatrix Potter's Hidden Adult Themes

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
28 Jul 16

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20160728-the-hidden-adult-themes-in-beatrix-potter

I remember finding out that The Magic Roundabout was really about dope smoking and made by dope smokers.

A lot of animated family movies seem to be made with layers that appeal to parents and go over their kids' heads.

Any favourites in that regard?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
28 Jul 16

Trivially boring. Once again.

F

Moves
28 Jul 16

Originally posted by josephw
Trivially boring. Once again.
The article about Beatrix Potter is quite interesting.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
28 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
The article about Beatrix Potter is quite interesting.
That's what I mean! You found it interesting. That explains everything. 😉

F

Moves
28 Jul 16
1 edit

That's what I mean! You found it interesting. That explains everything. 😉
So you didn't find it interesting?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
28 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
So you didn't find it interesting?
Not particularly. But that's just me. Maybe there's something wrong with me. Maybe I'm stunted.

F

Moves
28 Jul 16

Not particularly. But that's just me. Maybe there's something wrong with me. Maybe I'm stunted.
And yet you have posted three times already on this thread.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
28 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
And yet you have posted three times already on this thread.
Truth be told, it's not about Beatrix Potter. It's about me arguing with you about nothing in particular. It's embarrassing! 😉

F

Moves
28 Jul 16

Truth be told, it's not about Beatrix Potter. It's about me arguing with you about nothing in particular. It's embarrassing! 😉
But I haven't been "arguing" with you.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
29 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
But I haven't been "arguing" with you.
I'll take your word for it. Truth be told, I should probably learn to be less argumentative.

F

Moves
29 Jul 16

I'll take your word for it. Truth be told, I should probably learn to be less argumentative.
Beatrix Potter's stories were a fixture, for decades, of a kind of children's fiction that prevailed in times gone past. The BBC article is quite interesting.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
29 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
Beatrix Potter's stories were a fixture, for decades, of a kind of children's fiction that prevailed in times gone past. The BBC article is quite interesting.
I'm sure it is. Again, truth be told, it was interesting. I like things old. Old stories. Old barns. Old school yards. Old histories. Things forgotten.

F

Moves
29 Jul 16

I'm sure it is. Again, truth be told, it was interesting. I like things old. Old stories. Old barns. Old school yards. Old histories. Things forgotten.
The thread was about Beatrix Potter all along. Take a look at your posts though.

A lot of "kid's" movies nowadays seem to be made with calculated layers that appeal to adults as well as their children. Any favourites in that regard?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
29 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
The thread was about Beatrix Potter all along. Take a look at your posts though.

A lot of "kid's" movies nowadays seem to be made with calculated layers that appeal to adults as well as their children. Any favourites in that regard?
Yes it was.

Can't think of anything just now. Tired. Off to bed.