Contentious

Moves
31 Oct 21

@drewnogal

I thought you lived in Australia 🤔

Contentious

Moves
31 Oct 21

November 20th is our roll back day...I think.

Moves
01 Nov 21

@contenchess said
November 20th is our roll back day...I think.
Yup.

SRB

Moves
01 Nov 21

But is it an hour later tonight or does it stop being that?? 🤔

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 Nov 21
1 edit

@relentless-red said
Yes, it stops being an hour later.

In most of the US, clocks are moved back on the morning of November 7, at 2:00am, they should be reset to 1:00am.

"Spring forward, Fall back."

This refers to the direction to move the clocks.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
01 Nov 21

@relentless-red said
Well, that depends how long my body clock takes to adjust to it. I did go to bed an hour earlier in the new time for continuity and awoke an hour earlier in the new time so my brain is currently still in British Summertime mode.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Nov 21

@drewnogal said
Well, that depends how long my body clock takes to adjust to it. I did go to bed an hour earlier in the new time for continuity and awoke an hour earlier in the new time so my brain is currently still in British Summertime mode.
Youall lucky. We have the same boring hot weather all year long. The temp varies by only about 10 F throughout the yr, the sun shines from 6am to 6pm every day + or - 30min. Half of the year is dry and the other half is wet .. boring.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Nov 21

@drewnogal said
so are my meal times

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
01 Nov 21

We had a lot upset Bell customers this morning as the time was put an hour back as it use to be up until 2 years ago. They were not long correcting it though and time is correct now.

-VR

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
01 Nov 21

@drewnogal

is time linear?
or is time spatial?
is time predictable?
or is time chaotic?
time is another mobius strip,
and changes every time around
but when humans claim to have a grasp on time

time stops

Contentious

Moves
01 Nov 21
1 edit

@rajk999 said
Youall lucky. We have the same boring hot weather all year long. The temp varies by only about 10 F throughout the yr, the sun shines from 6am to 6pm every day + or - 30min. Half of the year is dry and the other half is wet .. boring.
The clocks change for daylight savings blah blah...it's not a temperature issue.

I think it had something to do with farmers kids and school kids losing daylight which meant less work at home. So they rigged it so they had an extra hour of light to get some work done after school.

Contentious

Moves
01 Nov 21

North Americans don't live like that anymore and a lot of people are trying to get rid of the clock fiasco which happens twice a year.
Some regions have already done away with it.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
02 Nov 21

@contenchess said
North Americans don't live like that anymore and a lot of people are trying to get rid of the clock fiasco which happens twice a year.
Some regions have already done away with it.
They have been talking about it in the Maritime Provinces here in Atlantic Canada for many years now. So far just talk, we really don't need it anymore. I think we could stick with either time.

I know everyone was in a panic when Bell Mobility accidently put it back on all their cell phones as many use it for their morning alarm and any required during the day. I know a man who got wrote up for it as being on time for work is mandatory as he was an hour late, so now has a black mark on his record where previously it was good. In his case he will never get a promotion unless he can fight it in court to have it rescinded.

-VR

Moves
02 Nov 21

@very-rusty said
They have been talking about it in the Maritime Provinces here in Atlantic Canada for many years now. So far just talk, we really don't need it anymore. I think we could stick with either time.

I know everyone was in a panic when Bell Mobility accidently put it back on all their cell phones as many use it for their morning alarm and any required during the day. I know ...[text shortened]... his case he will never get a promotion unless he can fight it in court to have it rescinded.

-VR
Wow😲 That seems harsh, even if Bell hadn’t bungled the time. How could anyone work in a place where rules like that applied. Oh wait...is he an executioner?🤔

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.