1. Standard memberNick Bourbaki
    Son of FMF
    In front of the TV
    Moves
    15 Mar '14 03:45
    I find myself sifting through my own memories and childhood experiences and contemplating what they meant to me, what it means to me that my children won't have those experiences (that shaped me), to what degree I can or should seek to replicate those experiences - or similar ones - as I try to shape them. Added to this is all the extraordinarily intriguing stuff about nature and nurture (and blends of the two), and how experiences - then and now, me and them, all of us together in the future - play out in terms of this nature/nurture enigma.
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '14 05:39
    Originally posted by Nick Bourbaki
    I find myself sifting through my own memories and childhood experiences and contemplating what they meant to me, what it means to me that my children won't have those experiences (that shaped me), to what degree I can or should seek to replicate those experiences - or similar ones - as I try to shape them. Added to this is all the extraordinarily intri ...[text shortened]... me and them, all of us together in the future - play out in terms of this nature/nurture enigma.
    It's like jazz. You start out with a theme in mind and are soon enough improvising.
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    15 Mar '14 07:38
    My 2 cents worth: parents do not raise their kids. It is the parents who grow up by this process. Their kids grow up later.
  4. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    15 Mar '14 07:44
    Originally posted by Trev33
    You killed them, didn't you? 🙁
    My mother told me a few years ago that I never stopped shouting and screaming as a kid and she seriously considered throwing me against a wall and telling my dad that I "fell off a table and broke my neck".
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Mar '14 09:21
    Originally posted by Crowley
    My mother told me a few years ago that I never stopped shouting and screaming as a kid and she seriously considered throwing me against a wall and telling my dad that I "fell off a table and broke my neck".
    Tenderizing moment sometimes to realize how much mothers ponder, remember and withhold... then reveal years later.
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    15 Mar '14 12:04
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Is there a parent out there who didn't think that (or something along those lines) at some point? Fortunately, most of us never carried it through.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Mar '14 12:07
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Is there a parent out there who didn't think that (or something along those lines) at some point? Fortunately, most of us never carried it through.
    2 kids 2 smacks sorted

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree