1. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    03 Oct '17 19:06
    quite accidently I am in Barcelona these days (World Conference on chemical engineering wcce10.org ) IT is quite something to be in the midst of the demonstartions. The question is always: what will happen next. As of now the demonstartions are loud but peaceful and the police is more trying to lead the traffic around...hopefully it will stay this way.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    03 Oct '17 19:10
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    quite accidently I am in Barcelona these days (World Conference on chemical engineering wcce10.org ) IT is quite something to be in the midst of the demonstartions. The question is always: what will happen next. As of now the demonstartions are loud but peaceful and the police is more trying to lead the traffic around...hopefully it will stay this way.
    Stay safe old chap.
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    03 Oct '17 19:13
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Stay safe old chap.
    Thank you.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    04 Oct '17 08:40
    I cannot help but think that a disintegrating Europe is to the benefit of US, Russia, China ..

it would be naïve to think that one or all are financing such disintegration.
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    04 Oct '17 19:10
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    I cannot help but think that a disintegrating Europe is to the benefit of US, Russia, China ..

it would be naïve to think that one or all are financing such disintegration.
    who the real benefitor is (if any) seems to be seen. Catalunya will have a hard time to be accepted into the EU IF they manage to secede... I think Great Britain will sorely lose by the Brexit, but if there will be a winner is unclear still <🙁
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Oct '17 19:14
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    who the real benefitor is (if any) seems to be seen. Catalunya will have a hard time to be accepted into the EU IF they manage to secede... I think Great Britain will sorely lose by the Brexit, but if there will be a winner is unclear still <🙁
    I guess that would depend on how much trade Catalunya does on the mainland right now.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree